iii s·

donghun finally arrives at the ninth street cafe after running multiple blocks, too many for him to keep track of. he was out of breath when he stopped in front of the cafe building, so the number of blocks must have been a lot for him to run.

donghun enters the cafe, being welcomed with a large hug from an unknown figure. when he sees the blonde hair and the smell of warm cinnamon, he knew it was junhee.

donghun wraps his arms around junhee's neck and intakes his smell. the smell he loved.

the two push away from each other. junhee smiles at donghun before pecking his lips cutely, making donghun blush.

yoochan walks toward the lovey-dovey teenagers and sighs.

are you guys done being lovey-dovey with each other? he signs.

junhee only rolls his eyes, and donghun laughs his silent giggle.

yoochan has everyone sit down at one table, seyoon and eunsuh on one side, junhee and donghun on the other. yoochan stands at the foot of the table, being the translator for donghun and junhee to speak to seyoon and eunsuh.

the five talk a little. donghun finally pipes up with a question.

so what was so important that forced me to run here?

yoochan's smile drops into an expressionless emotion. his eyes fly to junhee, who's looking back at the brunet.

donghun sees this exchange of looks making him worried. seyoon and eunsuh are also looking at yoochan and junhee was worried expressions.

junhee bites his lip before he turns to donghun. he swallows.

donghun can see yoochan having seyoon and eunsuh step away from the table with him to the outside patio the cafe has. this makes donghun's heart race even faster.

junhee's hands are shaky when he signs.

this is really important, and i should have told you alone, but the time is nearing that i can't hide it any longer.

what is it? donghun signs, furrowing his eyebrows and curling his lips downward into a frown.

junhee inhales deeply, before finally signing.

i'm going to america in a few days.

donghun looks as he were going to cry. his lips part, and his eyes become watery as he processes what junhee told him.

but-

no, donghun, i will come back, junhee signs frantically. but this trip is very important.

why? donghun asks, his eyes already flooding with tears.

i'm going to get a stapedectomy.

what is that?

it's a surgery to remove my ears' stapes bones. junhee explains.

junhee quickly wipes the tears he feels rolling down his cheeks. watching donghun cry was hard. he inhales again, before signing.

i'll have my hearing back after the surgery.

【☆】

boop

- jin

[uNeDitEd]