Chapter 1.3

I was holding my deck tightly in my hand. I smiled as I shuffled through it, reminiscing about the times when I had used the cards, the way they pulled me out of the most impossible situations and earned their places in my deck.

My face lit up when I saw my Soul of Purity and Light, and pulled it out to look at it up close. It was my favorite card, one that I had developed a strange connection to. It was the first card I ever had, given to me by one of my colleagues, when everyone used to play back in the training center. Even though I hardly knew anything about the card itself, there was something about the angel-like fairy that brought something back to me—a feeling of some sort.

It was the inspiration for the wing-shaped tattoo on my back. Later on, I even had the light attribute mark placed on the base of my neck, and the vortex design of the cards on my hip. If only I knew the obsession that card would lead me into when I first laid my hands on it.

Suddenly, a strong wind began blowing. The cards blew out of my hold, lifted away by the vortex of air. I strained to reach for them, but it was impossible to grab them as they became blurs flying past my face. Everything was so disoriented and chaotic. Lightening flashed, and I fell to my knees and shielded my head, fearing for my life. Thunder roared around me, waking me up.

************

ڍpG