Chapter 3.2

"I suppose since your end is near anyway, I'll go ahead and spill my guts," he chucked, pulling back his hair. "See this?"

"How could I not have noticed a thing like that?"

"It's called the Millennium Eye. Not only does it grant me the power to see into other worlds... I can use it to read minds."

"And you expect me to believe that?" I glared.

"You're a sensible girl, so I won't waste my time naming physical things that I could do some research to find. That card, Soul of Purity and Light, was given to you by a very special friend. A friend who you lost... tragically. Ah, yes, he gave it to you after your nightmare—"

"Stop!" I shouted. "There's no way! This is impossible! This is..."

"Honestly I'm glad you changed your train of thought. That was getting to be a pretty depressing story. But I can see why a person like you clings to that card. She has such a beautiful, comforting aura about her, hm? Something you crave desperately."

"Shut up!" I shouted. "I don't give a crap about that anymore! I don't care about my life! I just want them to be safe. As you know, they're all I have. They're the only thing I've ever had. You're fighting for some kind of sick scheme probably to get even richer. I'm fighting for the ones I love."

He turned his head down, a smile on his face. "I'll let you think that, Alice-girl."