Chapter 14: The Duel of Harlem

As both the Hulk and the Abomination leap through the air towards one another, it's clear and easy to see that the Hulk is actually quite smaller than the Abomination in front of it. So it doesn't surprise me that when the two of them come in contact with one another, its the Abomination that comes out victorious. It grabs the much smaller Hulk around its torso and throws it back in the direction that the Hulk had come from, causing me to wince as the Hulk hits the ground and keeps rolling. Thankfully, not hitting any civilians in the way as it does so.

I loose sight of the Hulk as he tumbles over some cars and knowing that I could see better from a more higher point of view, I bend my knees as far as my injuries would allow me, before I gently push off from the ground, ignoring the small jabs of pain from my side until I land just as gently on a the roof of one of the surrounding buildings. Once my feet have touched the ground, I turn my attention back to the fight in the street below me.

I watch as the Hulk slowly pushes himself to his hands and knees from where he lays on the ground though when he finds himself on his two feet, he stumble slightly and falls back to his knees, clearly somewhat dizzy after he had hit the ground.

"No no no," I mutter frantically as I see the pleased looking Abomination getting closer and closer towards the still dizzy Hulk. "Bruce, get up!"

As if he had somehow heard me, the Hulk takes a deep, heaving breath before he then once again pushes himself to his feet and turns to face the Abomination, a snarl on on his lips. The orange creature only laughs in response, clearly enjoying fighting this new opponent as it then yells out "Come on!" To the angry Hulk in front of it.

The Hulk snarls in response to the Abomination's words before his eyes then fall on an abandoned cop car beside him. Before I can even guess what he's about to do, the Hulk takes a step forward with its fist raised and slams it down on the cop car, causing it so smash underneath his strength, his fist leaving a large dent in the car. Soon he slams his fist down on the car again and again until it's completely torn in half. This action has me raising an eyebrow in confusion until the Hulk picks both halves of the remains of the car in both of his hands and smashes them together before he then charges towards the oncoming Abomination.

The Abomination makes the first move as it lunges towards the Hulk though the Hulk prevents the Abomination from even reaching him as he swings one of his hands towards the Abomination, knocking it in its stomach with the half of the cop car, chunks of metal flying throughout the air on impact, before it takes another swing at the Abomination, clocking it right in the face and taking it by surprise. Punch after punch after punch the Hulk delivers to the Abomination, still using the halves of the cop car with every hit, until the Hulk eventually has the Abomination pinned to the ground underneath him. By this stage, the entire halves of the cop car have been destroyed into millions of pieces of remains so the Hulk grabs the Abomination around it's throat and raises his clenched fist before it slams it down on the Abominations face.

The Abomination turns to the side and too my disgust, spits out one of it's teeth when the Hulk pulls back its fist. The Abomination looks upwards to glare at the Hulk above it, before then snapping out in it's gruff voice, "Is that all you've got?"

The Hulk roars angrily in response before he then raises his fist up in the air again, though this time he never manages to bring it down in time. The Abomination curls up into a little ball before it then kicks it's legs out towards the Hulk, causing him to go flying throughout the air and to my utter horror, straight through a building, myself easily hearing the smashing sounds as the Hulk flies through the building.

"Shit!" I curse, thinking of all the people that could have been in the building at the time that the Hulk had crashed through. I don't doubt for a second that not one person in that building was injured after this. Bending my knees slightly, I push off up into the air and fly towards the large hole in the building on the other side of the street, glancing down once as I do so, to see the Abomination crash through a barbed wire fence and jump up towards the hole in the wall before me, causing me to halt and remain in the air where I was, waiting to see what it's next action would be. Before the Abomination can do anything however, I hear the sound of the spinning sound of chopper blades fill the air from behind me. I turn and see the familiar helicopter that Bruce, Betty and Ross had all boarded around half an hour ago. I see Betty's pale face through one of the windows as she stares at the Abomination with a look of absolute horror on her face. I see movement out of the corner of my eye from the opposite end of the helicopter and I turn to see Ross standing next to a solider that was behind an automatic mini gun. I see Ross' mouth move as he says something to the solider, which I assume was an order for him to fire as not even a second later, a row of bullets are fired at the Abomination clinging to the building.