Chapter 67: Team Daddy Issues

3rd Person P.O.V

She didn't remember falling asleep. She couldn't even remember what had happened after Loki's guard had dragged her away. Everything that had transpired was nothing more than a blur to her. Her body still ached from what the sceptre had done to her as well. But it was the painful, throbbing sensation at the front of her skull that causes her to blink her green eyes open and return to the world once more.

The first thing that she notices is that she was no longer on the hellicarrier. The polished walls and expensive furniture that surrounded her was enough proof of that. A fancy light hung from the ceiling above the soft couch she was currently laying on. When she turned her head to the side towards the window, a gasp sounded from her lips. The last she had checked, she had been flying over the Atlantic Ocean. But considering skyline of the city in front of her, she was now in New York City.

Why Loki had brought her to New York of all places, however, she couldn't work out.

The thought of the God of Mischief has her bolting upright on the couch. Her head whips from side to side searching for his tall figure. But to both her relief and surprise he was nowhere to be found. But looking around allowed her to get a better bearing of her surroundings. Whoever's apartment or penthouse she was in (considering how the top of the buildings on the other side of the window reached much smaller heights she was inclined to believe she was in the former), they appeared to be very rich. Everything in her sights practically screamed 'expensive'. From the bar with the expensive looking scotch on display right down to the frames surrounding the few photos on the walls above the fireplace.

The sight of the photos causes her to rise off the couch and move forward, not stopping until she's just in front of the fireplace. When Ava comes to a stop, she gently reaches up and pries the first photo off the wall. But when she sees who it was that was staring back up at her she almost drops the glass object. Out of everyone that she had expected to be in the photo, Tony Stark hadn't been one of them.

And then it clicked. If this was, in fact, Tony Stark's penthouse and it was here in New York, then it was more than likely that she was currently in Stark Tower. But this revelation only causes her to frown with confusion. Why the hell had Loki brought her here?

"Though I find him to be quite annoying-"

She screams at the sound of his voice and jumps with fright. By some miracle, she manages to keep a firm grip on the photo as she whirls around to face him. He stood at the top of the stairs that led towards the bar, his hands clasped behind his back as he stared down at her. The smirk on his face widens at her startled manner, clearly amused by the fact that he had scared the shit out of her. "I will admit that Stark has impeccable taste," he continues as he starts to descend the stairs.

"Really? Out of everywhere in the world that you could have taken me, you brought me to Stark Tower?" She snaps. "You do realise that this place has some of the best security around, right? Stark's probably got some notification that you're here. He's probably on his way here right now."

"You'd like to think so," he says. Ava's gut twists at his gloating tone but says nothing as he continues, "Selvig managed to disable most of the security... programs, as he called them. One of his assistants did the rest."

Her heart drops at his words. When it dawns on her that nobody was coming to rescue her, her hand reaches towards the coat of her pocket where she knew that her phone would be. But when her hand falls into empty air, her brows furrow and she looks down to make a shocking discovery. To her absolute horror, she wasn't wearing her burgundy trench coat; someone must have taken it off before laying her on the couch.