lost but never found.

A/N: yet another prewritten story. enjoy!

-liza's pov-
i tried to fight back the tears. i understood why he was mad. i was mad too. but it wasn't my fault. i didn't mean to lose it.
-flashback-
david and i were seated in the living room exchanging cards like any other stereotypical couple would do on valentine's day. i jumped up from my seat and plopped down on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and combing my fingers through his messy hair. the corners of his lips curved into a smile. "i love you, pookie," he said. saying nothing in return, i just smiled and leaned in to kiss him. as we slowly pulled away from each other, our breaths heavy, david said he had a gift for me. he handed me a small jewellery box, wrapped in light blue ribbon. i pulled a strand and untied the bow, carefully sliding off the lid to reveal a ring. it had a gold band, made out of two thin wires, and at the top rested a gold plate that carried a white stone. i pulled the ring out of the box and slid it onto my finger, holding it further away from my face so i could examine it in all of its beauty. "do you like it?" david asked. "no," i said. "i love it. it's perfect," i finished. he pecked my cheek and reached for my hand, adjusting it on my finger. "are you sure it fits? we can have it readjusted if needed," he suggested. "no way you're ever going to take this from me," i replied playfully, but i meant every word that i said. i would never take it off, especially after what i found out next. the conversation soon trailed off to our first kiss, where i had picked up a handful of gravel afterwards. unfortunately, david had lost the pebbles, or so i thought. he soon told me that he had recently found them in his room and wanted to return them to me. he told me to close my eyes and put my hands out. i nodded and did as he said, then felt his fingers touch my sweaty palms. "okay, open your eyes," david said. my eyelids flipped open but much to my surprise, there was nothing in my hand. "w-where are the rocks?" i asked confused, starting to get a little disappointed. david smirked. "well why don't you check the other side?" he said. i flipped my hands over and at that moment, was hit by a million different emotions. i realized that he had put the rock inside the ring. david had taken a pebble from kian and jc's rooftop and turned it into a reminder of the love that we shared. tears of joy started to form in the corners of my eyes. this gift was like something that you would find in a fairytale. something that would only happen in a fictional story. but i couldn't believe that david had done this. i pulled him in once more and we shared another kiss. "thank you bubba," i said, my head pressed against his chest.
-
i wrapped my fingers around his fist, but he pulled back almost immediately. "david, please..." my voice trailed off. nothing but silence. "talk to me, bubba," i said to him with longing in my voice. "please..." i repeated. he turned to face me and simultaneously reached for my left index finger where the ring had once rested. he held it up in front of my face. "explain," he said. "where is it?" i slowly clenched my fingers into a fist and pulled away from him, feeling ashamed. "i-i don't know," i replied. "i just don't know." i could tell david was getting frustrated. he wanted answers. answers that i wasn't able to provide for him. i tried to fight back the tears. i understood why he was mad. i was mad too. but it wasn't my fault. i didn't mean to lose it. i just did. and i would never get it back.

A/N: sorry for the terrible ending. i had no idea where this story was going, but had the sudden need to write so here it is! also...i know my one shots are really short compared to others, but i just don't know what else to add. help! please vote and comment some feedback!