Chapter 4: The Deal

Sorry I uploaded this late, I was home sick today and slept most of the time. :/

I turned my attention from the man venomously and turned to face "The Court." A growl was suppressing itself in the back of my throat as I struggled not to make a quick break for the door. I slowly lost myself in thought. A loud sound made me jump in the chair. Quickly I shooed all my thoughts away and focused on the figure in the middle who I presumed to be in charge. He or at least I thought it was a he due to its figure, was holding a small handheld gun. My gaze turned into a sharpened glare as I felt like I recognized that gun, from every small detail from its barrel to the bottom of the magazine. I felt my fingers start to twitch but I calmed myself down and sat quietly as images slowly started to flash in the corner of my eyes. I blinked a few times, trying to repress the unwanted fragments back into the deepest, darkest corner of my mind.

I staggered up my front steps, my clothes soaked from a mixture of eggs and the bucket of animal blood that had been thrown on me at school. Blood had seeped into my eyes and made them sting and water. I quickly unlocked the front door and ran inside. "Mabel!" I called, my voice cracking as I ran into the kitchen, stopping dead in my tracks. My older sister was sitting in front of the microwave, staring at it while it was on. "M-Mabel?" I croaked, normally she would get after me or any of our other siblings if she caught us staring or sitting too close to the microwave while it was on. Apparently it was bad for our eyes. Slowly she turned her head to look at me, a psychotic grin plastered to only half of her face. Her right pupil was dilated to a small pin drop point and the left side of her face looked completely mauled. It was shredded and bleeding heavily as if a large cat or wild dog had attacked her with all of its might. "M-Mabel... are you okay?" I asked, my voice shaking in fear as she stood up, blood dripping onto the floor and she slowly began to approach me. "Fine? Am I fine?" She asked as her voice shook for a solid moment before she began to laugh psychotically, freaking me out. "No I'm not okay and it's all YOUR fault! If you weren't such a diseased ridden rat I could actually have friends! Connor and the twins could have friends! None of us would be tormented all the time! Our parents wouldn't have been killed and Connor wouldn't have killed himself!" She screeched at me, leaping forward and swiping at me as I ducked. "I-I didn't do anything to anyone though!" I protested to defend myself as my eldest sibling kicked at me. "You did do something, you pathetic, waste of precious and useful air!" She throttled, pouncing as she caught me off guard by her sharp and painful words. "What did I do then?" I spat hurtfully. "Tell me so I can change what I did wrong! Please." I forced away the growing lump and forced myself to look the glowering woman in the eyes. "You were born." She snarled.

I flinched at her words, not fighting against the cold hand that was pressed against my neck. Mabel quietly started to laugh before her hand retracted and she stood up, grabbing the kitchen knife that laid out on the counter. Her laughter grew louder until her only eye that I could see rolled into the back of her head and with one swift motion she jammed the blunt knife she held straight into her head. Stunned I watched as my sister's body went limp, her hand falling away from the knife and she crumpled to the ground. "M-Mabel?" I stuttered, quickly darting forward and checking her pulse and heartbeat. "My heart sank as I felt neither of those. I pulled away from my sister and frantically called 9-1-1.

" This is 9-1-1. What's your emergency?" A female dispatcher voice answered my call. " My sister doesn't have a pulse!" I cried desperately into the phone. " Sir calm down. What happened?" She asked me. "W-Well I came home and s-she didn't seem right. She was acting odd." I sputtered out, forcing away the growing lump forming in the back of my throat. " How was she acting odd?" The dispatcher asked me in a calm tone. "S-She was sitting in front of the microwave, the left side of her face looked as if someone mauled her and she was acting crazy!" I said quickly into the phone, part of me tripping over my words. "Okay sir I need you to calm down first of all, and does your sister have any mental illness!" I struggled not to yell at the lady, focusing my gaze on something else besides my sister's limp form in the room. " Look I need help! She just stabbed herself in the head!" That seemed to get the lady's attention.

I blinked as I felt a hand brush lightly against my chest, freaking me out a little. My dark orbs frantically looked around the room in a panic. One of the cloaked figure's had presented themselves only just a mere few centimeters from my face. " What the- get away from me!" I hissed immediately feeling the coldness of a small handheld gun worm it's way into my skin, twisting my flesh painfully around it. " Hm, stubborn and resilient. You might be some use to us after all." The figure's voice was deep and gravely as if he had been smoking ever since he was born. " I said get off of me!" I spat louder, using my tired, left leg to kick the man, scoring a direct hit in between the cloaked man's legs, causing him to groan in pain and back away from me. " I will not be a cause of any sort of service to any of you! No matter how big nor how small the task!" I shouted, anger bubbling from my throat and my blood. The male glowered up at me, equal amount of venom shining in his dark green orbs that shimmered from underneath his hood. "Oh really? What about if I could offer you the key of freedom from your wretched life." The man bargained childishly with me. I raised an eyebrow, somewhat interested in what he was saying. " Oh really? And how would you be able to do that?" I challenged the cloaked figure which resulted in the first man, the one who dragged me into this room to meet said " Court" to yank my hair sharply once more. I gritted my teeth as I was starting to get really annoyed by this action. "Will you QUIT pulling on my hair!" I growled and the response I received was the man yanking on my hair once more, only this time my head was bent back over the top of the chair. The man then proceeded to dig his nasty and blunt claws into the bare skin of my neck.

I cringed as the soft flow of blood slowly trickled down my neck, making me shudder at the warm and sticky feel of it. " Why don't you make me, you worthless little bitch." The man hummed tauntingly as he retracted his nails from my flesh with a painful tug before inserting them once more into my skin. A growl of anger started to rise but feeling the man pull something out of his back pocket made me repress it. The man swiftly moved his arm up to my neck and my skin was met with the cold feeling of a sharp blade under the middle of my chin and then applied a small amount of pressure to his grip. I muttered a few very harsh choice words under my breath as the man with the hood leaned his face once more closer to mine. "Let him go. Now." He ordered,authority shining in his voice when the man holding me by the hair hesitantly refused to do so. "Fine." And I softly let out a deep sigh as I felt the sweet relief of the man pulling his nails out of my neck.

" I'm trying to help you mean something in this world, but you are running my patience very, very low." The hooded figure growled, slowly reeling himself away from me. I lifted my head back to a normal position for a head and met the man's dark green eyes with my own. "What makes you think that you're little deal can make my worthless self useful to any of your desired services?" I asked, this man was delusional to think that I could be of any use to him. "Well if you want to live, I suggest you rethink your earlier decision on of not wanting to provide me any services." I let his words flow in one ear and out the other. I shook my head stubbornly back and forth, crossing my arms over my bare chest. "You're going to have to persuade me with something more than just words you know. I might be worthless but I'm not stupid." I spat a little offended that the hooded male being thought he could persuade me with just a few somewhat threatening sentences. "Very well then." The male said, standing up completely straight to reveal his true height. "Inject him again." He ordered.

( I know the picture doesn't really correspond with this chapter, please just bear with me

( I know the picture doesn't really correspond with this chapter, please just bear with me.)