Chapter 14: Background History

Aaron's view

Bryce's comment on Country music lead to a conversation about our personal interests and dislikes. "So what hobbies do you have?" I asked, turning the key in the ignition to shut the car off. "Reading I guess. I normally don't have any time to do anything besides that." Bryce said as he looked at the wooden house in front of him. "Is this your house?" He gasped and his eyes widened. "Yep." I said yanking my key out and opening the car door. I slid out of my car and shut my door, Bryce followed me. "Sorry about the mess, haven't been home to clean it up." I apologized, dropping my keys into a bowl on a small cubby shelf that held my shoes. "No, it's fine. Way better than my house ever was." Bryce said, excitement seemed to be hidden deep inside his eyes. I couldn't help but chuckle lowly at him. "You can put your shoes in the cubby and then follow me." I said, untying my shoes and pulled them off and laid them in a cubby. Bryce hesitantly did the same, tucking his shoes into a bottom cubby.

Bryce's view

Aaron's house was nice and very neat and organized despite his wild claim og it being a mess. I quietly followed Aaron up the stairs and to a door which when opened it revealed itself to the bathroom. "I presume you want to wash off the blood that's on your clothes and skin." Aaron said and I nodded shyly. "There's a clean pair of clothes for you. When you're done, bring your old clothes to me and I'll throw them into the washing machine for you." He offered. "Thank you but do you mind if I washed them myself?" I asked in a sheepish and quiet tone. "Sure I don't mind." Aaron said smiling. "I'll be downstairs in the kitchen if you need me." He said, leaving me alone right in front of the bathroom.

I sighed and stepped into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I walked over to the tub and turned the water on and began to undress, eyeing the clothes Aaron was talking about. I only had gotten my shirt off when I realized that I needed a towel and a washcloth. I sighed and quickly folded my shirt neatly, laying it on the countertop. I walked to the closet and grabbed a body towel and a washcloth before I trudged back to the tub.

I quickly finished undressing and neatly piled my clothes on top of my shirt. I turned back to the tub and shut the water off. I stepped in, my cold feet hissing slightly as they tingle and hurt as the hot water touched them. Once I was fully in, I yanked the curtain closed just in case if Aaron needed in the bathroom for some reason so it wouldn't be awkward. I let out a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting the warm water flow over my body. My wounds stung due to the contact with the water. I laid in the water for a few minutes, allowing myself to warm up. I waited until my arms weren't freezing before I sat up and dunked my hair into the water. I raised my head up and used the washcloth to wipe away the water from my face before grabbing the shampoo bottle and squirted some onto my hand.

I quickly rinsed my hair of the shampoo after a good five minutes of scrubbing my head. Once more I grabbed the washcloth and ran it over my face so soapy water didn't run in my eyes. After making sure my hair was free of soap, I got the washcloth wet and rang it out and grabbing the soap bar I soaked it into the water before rubbing it against the washcloth. I sighed as it felt good to scrub away the mixture of animal and a little bit of my blood from my wounds off of my body.

I ran the towel over my soaked hair making it very staticy. The warm clothes Aaron had lended to me clung to my damp skin. They were a little too big for me but they would do greatly until I got my clothes washed.

"Hey um Aron, where's the laundry room?" I asked sheepishly, quite aware of how dumb I sounded by asked the question. Aaron looked up from his cutting board and smiled at me. "Follow me." He said, setting down his knife and leading the way out of the kitchen and into the laundry room. "Here you go, also what would you like to eat?" He asked. "I just ate though." I reminded him about the soup he made me eat. "Yes but you need to eat more than just once a day. Now what do you want to eat?" Aaron asked again.