Chapter Seven

The aftermath of their fight had been catastrophic. They were stunned by each other's words and had thus decided that the less they communicated, the better it will be to live through the coming months.

Khushi had given all hopes Arnav would ever tell her the reason behind his frantic decision, but more than that, she was scared of the sheer revulsion she would find in Arnav's eyes every time she would talk to him. So she ceased and Arnav, of course, did not make any attempts to talk to her either. He seemed content without her nagging him and she seemed fine without him insulting her. 

That's how they basically spent the first week of their marriage; hiding from each other and doing all it would take just so they could escape the slightest communication with each other. Well, that was until today. 

Khushi puffed out a breath, her cheeks momentarily bloated with air as she took in her appearance that didn't go too well to her liking. 

She was draped in a rose red saree with pale pink blouse, the border of the saree laced with floral designs. Her face contorted into a grimace and she wondered why Jiji had to select this saree for her to wear to the business party she would be attending with Arnav. 

The thought that she would be going out in public as Arnav's wife for the first time was unnerving enough and now the color of her attire was only adding to her distress. It's true that she fell in love with this piece when she went out on shopping with Jiji and Buaji not too long ago but she'd hate to admit now that it was not solely her liking that compelled her to buy it. It was the color. His favorite color. 

She had imagined herself in this, with him gazing at her with that intent stare of his - one that would send her senses frenzied and that would make her heart go crazy. She had anticipated to see his emotionless eyes flicker with tenderness at the sight of her just like they did on the night of Diwali, so she could feel that feeling again - that rapturous feeling for being the center of his attention, even if it were for a few seconds, for being the one unwrapping him off his cold layers to reveal the warmth in his eyes. 

But now, after all that happened, she could feel nothing but the sensation of being mocked by the attire that screamed her once unhealthy obsession for none other than Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. 

"Khushi, are you ready? Come, Akash, Arnavji and Lavanyaji are all waiting for us." Payal stepped in the room for a second whilst fastening her earring before flouncing out. 

Oh of course. And to top it all, Lavanyaji would be joining them.

Khushi should have knew it. The second Akash informed Arnav that their business associate Mr. Sharma had invited them to his wedding anniversary celebration and Lavanya had asked whether he was the same Mr. Sharma she had worked with during her time in AR, Khushi should have guessed she would be accompanying them. At least she wouldn't have looked like a gaping fish, caught on a hook, when Mamiji asked her to join them and she agreed.

Pushing back the thoughts that started to heavy on her, Khushi blew out another sigh. Checking the pleats of her saree one last time and adjusting her pallu, she then walked out of the room, shouting a 'Yes, I'm ready' to Payal, though she knew that wasn't the slightest true. 

Reaching downstairs, she saw that indeed everyone was ready. There was only Akash and Payal that would attending the party apart from her, Arnav and of course, Lavanya. Anjali wanted to come but she was too tired and NK already had prior commitments with his friends. Devyani obviously wasn't interested in the party and as much as Manorama wanted to tag along, her Kitty Party was way more important. So that left the two newly wedded couple and the old friend.