Anaclitic

Picture of Felix on the right-->

Chapter One: Anaclitic-Dependent on other phenomenon or ability

One Month Later

“...your aunt and cousins are coming tomorrow so don’t come home late. Best behaviour.” His mum finished as he sighed and closed the phone on her attempt at good-bye. She wouldn’t mind though, she was too ecstatic with her best friend coming over.

Hayden walked through the door only to be hit with the stench of alcohol. Frowning at the amount of fun he had probably missed out on he walked into the kitchen which doubled as a bar.

Cups scattered over the place, liquid had spilled onto the floor causing puddles on the white tiles. Pouring himself a drink he tried to understand what he had just seen. Why had that nymph ran away from him? He just saved her life. He liked it when they gave him a prize for his troubles, especially the Nymphs, they were sometimes too generous. Yet that hippie tree dweller had run back to her hole like she was running from death itself, without so much as a thank you. She was a pretty one but the behaviour was off-putting.

Leaning against the island he twirled the cup, smirking as he saw Felix moving sideways through the crowd towards him. Hayden was surprised that Felix was even at the party, Felix had a test tomorrow and would normally be holed up in his bedroom revising. Running a hand through his golden locks, Hayden walked towards his ever optimistic best friend.

"You should be drinking, it dulls the senses." Felix said taking the cup from him and pouring it into a nearby plant.

"I doubt I'd need many senses tonight. If a drink makes the noise level go down I'm getting another one."

"You'll get a hangover if you drink." Felix warned.

“Half the year will be at home nursing a hangover tomorrow anyway." Hayden stated but didn't get another drink. It wasn't that he was listening to Felix, although he knew he should be, it was that they'd reached the living room and the trek back to the kitchen wasn't worth the trouble.

‘Party centre’ was worse than the kitchen, people were downing drinks like it was water and dancing as if this was their backyard, mostly at the same time. The two boys stood against the wall silently taking in the surroundings, the colours and faces among other things. At least Hayden was, he was never too sure about what went on in Felix’s mind. The boy often said very weird things which made Hayden think he knew about Hayden's powers. But if he had then he would have been punished, that alone assured him that his best friend was very much in dark about this other activities.

“Have you seen the birthday boy yet?” He asked when the view of intertwined bodies got a bit too much for him. Felix sent a wink to the blonde that was giving him the eye before replying, “Not since his girlfriend got here. She’s really cool, too bad Ben won’t let you meet her.”

Hayden rolled his eyes and the stupidity of his ‘friend’. Ben never was and never would be classed as a friend. He was too protective of his girlfriends, especially when they around Hayden. The action was totally unwarranted on Hayden side. It wasn’t his fault that Ben’s first girlfriend had started to fancy him. Ever since then Ben had declared that Hayden was not allowed to have any contact with any of his girlfriends, in the off chance he may sleep with them. He couldn't help it if he was lucky.

Laughing a little at the inside joke but mostly Ben’s irrationality he went in search of the missing host, leaving just in time to see Felix getting flirty with the blonde. As he walked his mind began to wonder back to everything he’d seen in the past month. The runaway tree hugger was the icing on the cake. The worst was the Gorgon that wanted to pray for him. Nothing was weirder then the man killer trying to help you repent.