5. Conversations.

"Kai, babe, come here." Kairi looked up at me setting his truck on the floor before walking to us. Liam helped him climb onto the couch.

My hands were getting clammy. I honestly don't think he's going to understand what we have to say. He's four. I took a deep breath before I started. "You know the lady at the school?" 

Kairi looked at me before nodding his head and snuggling into his father's side. My heart ached to tell him. Looking into his eyes I felt tears coming to mine. He's such a good little boy with so much joy to share and who am I to ruin that for him? 

Oh, right, I'm his father. I looked at Liam his arm wrapped protectively around Kai and my heart officially broke, I couldn't. "Liam," I started, looking at his face. "I can't. Not now. He's to little and I don't want him to think the whole world is bad." 

Kairi looked up at Liam, and quietly said "What did she do? Why did she want me?"

Liam looked at me, took a deep breath and explained everything the best he could to our four year  old. Kairi looked up at him with his big brown eyes. "She's a bad lady. We used to be together til papa found out about you. I stopped seeing her, and she lost it." Kairi looked like he understood what Liam was saying. I still didn't think this was right no matter how bad we needed to do this. "All you need to know is that she is bad and if you ever see her again tell an adult and they'll call either papa or me. Okay?" Kairi stared at us for a little while, til he nodded his head. 

"Can I go back to my trains now?" I nodded and he turned around and ran to the red and blue trains, scattered all over the living room floor. He was happy we talked it over. I shouldn't be so scared that something is going to happen and I'll lose him again. 

"Liam, this didn't help me at all. My heart is still in my ass. I don't want to lose him. Not again." Liam sighed, stood up, grabbing my hand and lead me into the kitchen. 

"Zayn, we are not going to lose him, or them, ever again. I won't let that happen." Liam put his hand on belly before pulling me into a hug. He always can make me feel better even if it was just by his hugs and nice words.  

XxX

"Zayn?" Liam called as I stepped out the bathroom towel wrapped around my waist another I had been using to dry my hair.  He was sat at the desk in the corner his head down staring at the paper work I had that was waiting to be signed authorizing the tour. I might never sign them but they are there waiting for me, per Maya's request incase I changed my mind. I doubt I will.  

"Yeah?" I went over to the dresser pulling out a red pair of panties and one of Liam's shirts. 

"Why haven't you singed these?" He ran a hand through his hair. I sighed as I pulled the shirt over my head. 

"Um, well, when they started talking about touring I was fine with it. Then I heard that Ellie was let out, and then the twins were in the picture. And I didn't want to leave Kai. I told them no." I stood next to him picking up a paper that had my name in big bold letters. They want to call it "Inside this Mind of Mine" to me that is a dumb title but the more I look at the more it grows on me. 

"I thought you wanted to tour?" He asked snaking his arm around my waist. I shook my head placing the paper back in the neat pile I had them in. Looking at Liam with his scruff and dishevled hair, my heart aches to go with him when he leaves again for his tour. 

"I did, but our babies are more important to me than being on a stage." It was Liam's turn to shake his head. I knew he was going to try and talk me out of it. 

"Za-" I put my finger up to his mouth. 

Shaking me head I said, "My life right now consists of getting our son to eat his veggies and pick up his toys while waiting for the new babies to come. I am fine with what I have to do. If I make music and not tour I'm good with that. Because my life will be full of cuppies, bees, diapers, babies and you. So I'm okay with not touring." I kissed his lips before walking out to see what Kairi was up to. I left Liam calling him after me.