dix

a/n:
Long time no see. Hopefully, I'll be updating French Kisses consistently from now on. I've been inspired by many individuals recently who have reminded me to write now, revise later. I've always been my harshest critic and I think that's what has held me back from updating regularly on Wattpad. Well, it has finally dawned on me that the only way I can work towards getting published and improve my craft is by writing. And so I shall write.

f r e n c h
k i s s e s

On reste en contact.

As promised Laurent and I stayed in touch, texting one another a few times a day. Our conversations would range from talking about the weather to asking about how each others days had gone. A week had passed since I had visited the Oliver residence in order to check up on Laurent and for the first time, we had planned to see one another.

Because my last class of the day was canceled and because it was around lunchtime, on a whim I decided to text Laurent about meeting up for lunch. Since I knew that Laurent was at work I suggested that I could swing by with takeaway, knowing that he could enjoy his lunch break more if it didn't require joining the stressed out lunch crowd at restaurants.

After a few exchanged messages Laurent and I decided where we would meet up and what I would get for us to eat. Once our plans were finalized I headed out to the restaurant I would get our lunch from. From the restaurant to Laurent's workplace it was a six-minute walk, luckily everything was within walking distance.

By one o'clock I had managed to pick up our lunch and find Laurent's work. Before I could pull out my phone to text Laurent that I had arrived, he walked out of the building's front door. Unexpectedly, Laurent walked out right on time and not empty-handed. In his right hand, there was a small vase of flowers.

"What's that?" I questioned, my eyes drawn to the flowers.

It was as if every time I saw Laurent he had flowers prepared. At our first brunch, when he reintroduced himself, and then at lunch.

"You took care of getting the food and I didn't want to come empty-handed. Also, I had to add a bit of glamor to our lunch here," he replied, giving me a sincere smile that I couldn't help but return.

He took a seat on the building's front steps, gesturing for me to join him a moment later.

Without hesitation I took a seat next to Laurent, passing him his meal. "You're looking well, I'm glad to see that your eye and hand have healed quite nicely."

"I'm equally as glad about the progress, it's nice to not be frightened every time I look into a mirror." Laurent gently placed down the vase of flowers in between us and unwrapped his sandwich.

I too began to dig into my lunch, pulling out just about everything we could possibly need from the takeout bag.

"By the way, I apologize for what Hermes said last time. He's always been the type to interject unnecessary comments into conversations and make assumptions."

I shook my head. "There's no need to apologize."

"It is not like that so I don't want him to have the wrong idea and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

"It's fine, really," I insisted, knowing that Hermes meant no harm with his comment.

Laurent gently nodded to show his understanding of what I said. It wasn't long before we fell into a state of silence as we ate. Neither of us was keen on talking with our mouths full, therefore, the silence was natural.