Chapter 1

Star stomped her foot as her spell barely grazed the apple. She had been doing this since 9 in the morning and she couldn't even use her magic to summon an apple not 5 feet away from her! It frustrated her too no end.

Glosaryck floated next to her, running his hand through his beard. "Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps you should try again."

Star lifted her arms in a surrender motion. "I can't do it! It's already 3 in the afternoon and so far, I couldn't even do basic magic!"

Rolling his eyes, the old tutor said. "Well that's because you stress too much. Once the stress is released, air is released. And thus floating is released."

Star scratched her head, trying to avoid her headband. "Great. Just what I need. Riddles. Couldn't you just be direct. That's how you trained mom."

Glosaryck stood. Or at least, stood on air. He looked at the Mewman princess before he sighed. "I never thought I would see the day. The daughter complains about her training being different from her mother's!"

Offended, Star crossed her arms. "Sorry." She said sarcastically.

Glosaryck clapped his hands, "look, I don't have time for this conversation. Just try to levitate the apple towards you again."

Star took in a deep breath, "levatato!" She cried, aiming at the red fruit.

A purple beam shot out from the Butterfly heirloom and surrounded the apple. Star focused on the apple, never taking her eyes of it nor did she think of anything else aside from the apple being brought to her.

Slam

"Star! I brought you nachos!" Shouted her earthling friend and crush for the past few months since she had been on Earth, Marco Diaz.

As quick as the sound was made, Star's focused was lost, causing the apple to fall and roll towards her feet. Glosaryck floated down and picked it up. "Eh, 6/10."

Star gave a breath of relief before turning to the Spanish boy.

"Oh, hey Marco. Thanks for the nachos. But maybe next time, could you knock first?"

Marco scratched his neck, "sorry, I was just a bit excited."

"How come?" Star inquired, taking a nacho off the small bowl.

"Jackie asked me out!"

Heartbreak and shock was clogging her throat. Oh wait, that's just the nacho. Star quickly grabbed the glass of water Marco handed her. Chugging down the liquid, Marco looked her with a smile.

"Can you believe it?! I mean, I never knew that she saw of me like that, but still! We're going to the skateboard park later and I have to look cool. Should I do my hair differently? Or maybe my clothes?"

Star look at her friend-slash- crush with a blank face. Marco, still busy talking, didn't realize it. From the corner of her eye, she could see her reflection from her wall mirror. Her signature heart shaped Butterfly mark had what seems to be cracks. She smiled and covered her cheeks, trying to fake a happy look at Marco who was now looking at her strangely.

"You okay Star?"

"Mhm. Yeah, sure am. I'm just so happy for you! This is such a big deal!" She gushed.

Marco laughed, "yeah it is. But still, what do you think I should do?"

"Just be yourself. Jackie asked you out because she likes you, not someone you're not."

"You sure?"

Star nodded. Which looked weird since she still held her cheeks. "I'm sure. Now, can you get out of my room? Not that I don't want you here, but I have this upcoming test about my magic and I need to concentrate or whatever."