Chapter 13

Tom straightened out his tie as his demon butler styled his hair. Usually the demon prince now king hates it when someone else touches his hair, but at the moment, he didn't care.

"Shall I fetch the-"

"No." Tom cut him off.

"Very well, your highness."

     Tom grabbed his red cloak and with the sound of its click, teleported himself to Earth. He pulled the top up to cover his head and walked to the Dias residence. He was well aware that the girls had gone shopping and Mr. &Mrs. Diaz were out of town. That was perfect. He needed to talk to Marco alone.

     Marco Diaz was just flipping through his phone when the doorbell rang. That made the Earth boy confused. Who could be? His parents won't be back until next week and if it were the girls, they'd just let themselves in. And as for monsters....well, Star could just magic up and repair the damage.

     Marco stood up and grabbed a baseball bat that he hid behind the couch. Ever since Star stayed over, self-defense was necessary if you want to live. Or perhaps end up living in the hospital.

     He hurriedly opened the door, ready to swing at the evil monster. Well, the person in front of him was evil since he was a demon and they were considered monsters, but because of Tom's high status as a prince- king, no one dares call him a monster. Marco snarled at him and threw the bat aside.

"What are you doing here Lucitor? Coming to claim your prize? Too bad, Star isn't here."

     Tom simply raised an eyebrow and said nothing. He had a feeling Marco wasn't done with his rant. And he was right.

"I mean that hell man?! What was the point of my lecture if you're just gonna let it slide from one ear out the other! Star is her own person. Not something you can claim as a trophy or as a bargain." Marco glared at the demon.

     Tom sighed, walked inside and shut the door behind him. This is the exact reason he needed to talk to Marco alone. There were some things that need to be said to the Earthling. Something's Star isn't supposed to know. For now.

"I'm guessing Star told you about the war." Know. Not guess.

"Well duh!"

Tom continued before Marco could say more, "and that's all."

"Including your forced marriage with her, then yes."

Tom looked at Marco in the eye. "Forced for her own safety."

"I find that a bit hard to believe." Marco said crossing his arms.

"Then allow me to fill you in with what's really going on in the war." Tom gestured him to sit on the couch while he sat unto the chair next to it. Marco looked at him warily but did so.

     Tom snapped his fingers and a cloud of smoke appeared, scaring Marco a bit. The cloud seemed to have formed to be a figure of what seems to be a television. Sure enough, there was even statics before it showed a disastrous picture of Mewni.

     Marco was so shocked on the image of Mewni that he didn't even comment on how dramatic Tom was being using an old television than a more advanced one. Mewni nearly resembles a war ground than the beautiful planet it was once. Nearly every house were either burnt, destroyed, debris, or even plain ashes! Citizens crying left and right. There were some Mewman soldiers handing off scraps of food and water to the citizens flocking around them.

"W-what is this?" Though he already knew the answer, he needed to hear it from Tom.

"I know you know Marco. That is Mewni. Or what's left of it at this point."