- - Chapter One - Understanding - -

"So?" Catherine asked. Setting her teapot down on the mahogany table so hard that the top rattled, making her younger sister shiver.

"I just thought it was a good idea to invite new people, that's all" Catherine's younger sister said. Kicking the side of the mahogany table. Catherine looked out the window with the wooden frame, and sighed.

"Is school getting to your head again?" Catherine asked sincerely. She had never been a fan of school, and learning too actually.

"No! You just need friends!" Her younger sister yelled. Catherine whipped her head to look at her. She growled.

"Fine then Sun! I will!" Catherine stood up from the matching mahogany chair and picked Sun up by the collar of her pastel yellow dress and kicked her out of the library.

Catherine took the paper from her father's office and started writing invitations. First it was her friend June's family, then it was Sun's friends, then it was Sun's friend's family, then it was her father and mothers friends, then it was their family, and Catherine stayed up all night surrounded in rustic parchment paper, and pots of ink scattered across the room.

The sun rose quickly, and Catherine fell asleep among the desk and books surrounding her. *knock* *knock* *slam*

"Catherine! Bad posture!" Her mother broke in. Catherine woke up immediately and cleared her desk away. Her mother picked up June's invite.

"Hey! Give it!" Catherine lunged. She knocked over the oil lamp and ink pot but she didn't care. If her invites were ripped she'd have to spend her night writing again. And oh how she'd hate that.