- - Chapter 5 - Black - -

How would Catherine ever make it up to Daisy? She refused her wedding invitation. It wasn't her fault that she'd never want to see that wretched woman's face ever again. But yet again, it wasn't Daisy's fault either, friendly love? No, Daisy's face wasn't wretched. It was gorgeous, it's just a ploy to feel better.

The parties continued, all with different themes. But it became evident that Catherine didn't care as much about the parties as she used to. She'd stand in front of the window looking down at the city beneath her feet, wondering if Daisy is looking at the same street as she is. She sipped on the clear, glass full of whiskey as she mourned the era of Daisy.

June became suspicious of Catherine. Her behaviour after Daisy's wedding had became bipolar, she had recently lashed out on her because of a gold coloured book. Maybe it was a book of Catherine's love letters? June laughed at her thoughts. Catherine is too open to keep secrets like that. She would've told her by now, right?

No.

That wasn't the case of Catherine Butler. Catherine was open to most people, but if she ever told this story, she'd surely be shunned.

"Catherine. Why didn't you come to Daisy's wedding? It was very beautiful" Catherine kept looking out her famous window. Catherine took another sip of her liquor. "No reason. I didn't feel in the mood to go to a wedding this weekend" Catherine cleared her throat and offered June another drink.

"Catherine, I know what you're thinking" June confessed. Catherine's hand lost grip on her glass. Shatter. The glass hit the marble floor with a melodic (and satisfying) shatter. June's eyebrows knitted together as she thought about the possible reason Catherine lost grip of her glass was because Catherine was hiding something.

"How... Did... You... Find... Out?" Catherine slowly stated. She headed toward June in angry flairs. June was determined to find out what Catherine was so angry about.

"Uh- I just noticed that..." Quick June! Think of something! Uh. Uh. Uh. Bring up Daisy! Wedding? Maybe Kate wasn't her type?! That's it! "You don't like Kate that much, is it Daisy's fault" Catherine threw a riot.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, JUNE!" Catherine screamed. June refused, over and over again. Catherine picked up a chair and threw it at her now ex best friend. "I'm sorry! Please, just tell me!" June demanded.

"Fine. I love Daisy Riddle. Are you happy now?" Catherine finally admitted. June looked down, she could only imagine the pain Catherine went through to hear about the marriage. "I'm... Sorry." June apologised. Catherine felt like a boulder lifted off her chest. Finally someone listened. "Great. Now leave!" Catherine kicked June out of her house, and finally, she accepted that Catherine was upset, and needed some time.