1. Goodbye And Good Luck

(AN Just for those of you who don't know, AN stands for Author's Note, and POV stands for Point Of View.)

Percy's POV

It was about noon by the time Thalia, Nico and I arrived back at camp from a quest to recover Hephaestus's hammer. We actually weren't supposed to get back until next week, but we got the job done more quickly than we thought we would've. When I'd told Chiron we were back, he'd informed me there were two new campers. They were named Justin Caleb Taylor and Heather Melody Rose. He'd also informed me that Justin was a son of Poseidon and Heather was a daughter of Hecate.

Although they weren't really new, they had been here for about a month and a half, but they were new to me because I'd been gone for two months. I also found out that this Justin guy just completed a quest to defeat the Minotaur.

Anyways, I didn't tell Annabeth that I was coming back early because I wanted to surprise her. I went to the beach as I was looking for her and what I saw shattered me.

Oh, I found Annabeth alright. With some other guy! They were a little to close for comfort, and then the guy gave her small peck on the lips. It only lasted for a second, but nonetheless, friends don't do that. The guy didn't look familiar, which is weird, because I know everyone at camp... He must be new... I thought, than I was it by realization of who he was. He had brown-ish black hair and he's eyes were sea green, with a tint of blue in them. This guy is my half-brother, Justin Taylor. He looked at me and froze. Maybe it was because of the resentful look I was giving him, or maybe he knew who I was by how similar my features were to him. Annabeth turned to follow his gaze, and a look of pure shock invaded her face.

"Percy! I didn't think you were coming back until next week!" She said as she got to her feet, Justin following her example.

"I guess you thought wrong." I say.

"What is it?" She asked. If it was possible, my anger grew even more from her innocent act.

"Why are you lying to me to me Annabeth? I saw what happened just now!"

"Percy, I swear, I don't kn-" She began but I cut her off.

"SAVE IT! If you don't at least have enough decency to tell me the truth, fine! See you NEVER!" I yelled at her. I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I ended up at Thalia's tree, and I stayed there for who knows how long.

When I finally came went back to the beach that Justin guy was still there surrounded by most of the camper's and... Poseidon! The only campers that weren't there were Leo, Nico, Grover, and Clarisse.

"Congratulations on your quest to defeat the Minotaur! You truly are my favorite son, I may as well disclaim Percy now. Besides, he was really just a tool I used to save Olympus. Truly, I never liked him." Poseidon said to Justin. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I turned towards the woods and ran as fast as I possibly could to Zeus's fist. I slumped down against a tree and sobbed, feeling like I understood the word 'Misery' for the very first time. I don't know how long I was there, and to be honest, I didn't really care.

But then I heard footsteps...

Heather's POV

I was just walking in the woods heading in the direction of Zeus's fist. My day had been awful! I mean, first my mother, Hecate, disclaimed me, then I found out my boyfriend, Justin, had been cheating on me with my Annabeth, one of my best friends, and then, everyone I knew abandoned me when Poseidon had said Justin was his favorite son, and they basically started to worship him!

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard... was that crying? It might have been sobbing, but either way, someone was sad about something. I went in the direction of the noise, and found the source at Zeus's Fist. There, slumped down against a tree, hugging his legs and sobbing softly, was a guy with jet black hair. I guess he heard me approaching, because at that moment the sobbing stopped. He lifted his head. Looking into his eyes, I wanted to start sobbing myself. He looked so sad and so hurt and so alone, that I couldn't believe he hadn't been full-on balling his eyes out. And in that moment, every single worry in my head dissapeared, and all that was left was worry and empathy for the person in front of me.

Immediately, I knew who he was. Even if I didn't already know what his general appearance would be from meeting his half-brother and father, I think I probably would have known who he was anyway. I mean, considering everything that happened today, everything I already knew about him, and everything I could see in his eyes, who else could it be? This was Perseus Jackson, and he's just been betrayed by everyone he knew and loved.

"Who are you?" He croaked, and it took everything in me not to wince at the pain in his voice. I took a deep breath, and walked closer to him. I sat crossed legged on the ground in front of him, a foot of distance away from him.

"My name is Heather Rose. Are you okay?" As soon as I asked the question, I mentally facepalmed. How could he be okay? His life was just taken out from under his feet, and I just found him sulking in the woods.

"Um... I-I'm uh, not really sure..."

"Hey listen, Percy-"

"How do you know my name?" Asked Percy, his eyes suddenly alert. If I could've without looking like a crazy person, I would've slapped myself at my own stupidity.

"Well, your appearance for starters, which is quite a bit similar to Justin's and Poseidon's, and also... there isn't anyone else could look so sad right now, with everything that's happened today." As I say this, Percy slowly relaxes, and adjusts his sitting position so he was sitting cross legged like me. The silence lasted far too long. I sighed, and made a decision of what to do next.

"Here, let's start over," I held out my hand for him to shake it. "My name is Heather Rose. I'm a half-blood child of Hecate, and I've just been betrayed by everyone I knew and loved."

At first, Percy just looked at me questioningly. Then he regained his thoughts and shook my hand. "My name is Perseus Jackson, but everyone calls me Percy. I'm a half blood child of Poseidon, and I've just been betrayed by everyone I knew and loved." Percy said. We both laughed and let go of each other's hands.

"So, how about you tell me your day, and I'll tell you mine," he suggested and I smiled.

"Sounds pretty fair."

***

"So... what now? I mean I don't know about you, but personally, I don't really want to stay here anymore." I tell Percy.

"I dunno. Are you suggesting we run away?" Percy asked me. He looked shocked at the very idea.

"C'mon Percy, what's left for us here? Everybody we know has left us, is there anything you could possibly miss?"

"It's just... I can't really imagine life away from here, this place has been like a second home for me since I was twelve, and besides," he said," my fatal flaw is loyalty. There is no way I could ever leave here."

I looked at him doubtfully. "I don't believe you," I say softly. "I can't. Yes, your fatal flaw is loyalty, but your only loyal to those who deserve it, well these people don't deserve it." The more I talk, the more questioning his expression is. He's questioning whether or not I'm right. I put my hand on his knee.

"Percy," I lock eyes with him. "Look me in the eye, and tell me you truly want to stay here, at Camp Half Blood. If you can do that, I'll go. I'll leave without you. But if you can't, it just means that you do want to come with me. If you can't, you need to come with me, or you'll regret the decision forever." I say to him. "So? What's it gonna be?" I ask, and he looks at the ground. "Percy," I say, "will you say it?"

He looks me in the eye again. "We should go pack, our stuff. We'll meet by Thalia's tree in two hours."

Sorry for my grammar it's my first story... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!

DISCLAIMER: ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN!