t h i r t y - s i x

Sam was driving Naomi to the airport and Tom and Elle were going to meet them there. Sam was trying to calm Naomi down. "Hey its gonna be okay, alright? Shes gonna be fine?" "What if she's not!?" "Hey, breathe. She will be." Naomi mumbled an okay, but in the back of her mind she didn't believe it.

🔸

They had finally made it to the airport, Sam and Naomi were sitting and waiting to board they're flight. Sam had his arm around her and her head was on his chest. Tom ran up to the two and stood in front of them. "Where's Elle?" Naomi sniffled. "I told her just to stay." Naomi smiled a little. She stood up in front of Tom. After a few seconds of staring, she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and he immediately hugged back. "Thank you for coming," she whispered. Tom just smiled.

🔸

"How is she?" Sam asked, as Naomi walked out of the hospital. "She's still unconscious, but she's stable so she would wake up within a week at most." "Thank god," Tom sighed. She smiled back. "So I think I'm gonna head out and see if I can find a hotel for us to stay in." Sam said, but what he meant was I'm gonna give you two some alone time. "Okay." Naomi responed. Sam put his hands on her shoulders, "Are you gonna be okay?" "Yeah," she smiled, brushing a strand of hair off his face, "Thank you for bringing me here." "No problem, I'll be back, okay?" "Okay. I love you." "I love you too."

And with that, he left, leaving Naomi and Tom alone. "Look," she started, "I know you've probably been dying to ask so I'll just tell you. No, me and Sam are not dating. We're strictly friends." "I was gonna ask but I didn't want to seem disrespectful." "Its okay. I could use the distraction. Anyways, we were fake dating to make you jealous." Tom sighed, "God I hate you so much."

"Not the answer I was expecting but probably what I deserve." "I hate you for thinking that you really needed to make me jealous for me to realise that I love you."

Naomi didnt know whether to smile or cry or kiss him or what so instead she just said, "What?" "I love you so freaking much." Naomi started to tear up, "I love you too, tommy." Tom was about to kiss her but she stopped him, "We can't do this until you and Elle are officially done. Its not fair to me or her." "You're right, I'm sorry." "Its okay." "I'm glad your mom's gonna be okay. And I'm glad we're okay too." "Yeah. Me too."

a/n I know!!! I'm sorry!!!! I suck when it comes to an updating schedule and I don't want to promise it will be back on track because I don't know if it will. I've honestly been SO busy and I'm sorry. I can promise at least 1 chapter a week. Thank you for putting up with me, I know I'm a hot mess. Love you 😘❤