t h i r t y - s e v e n

Naomi was sitting in between Tom and Sam in the waiting room. "Mrs. Montgomery?" The three looked up to see a doctor in front of them. "Your mother's awake." Naomi grinned and quickly stood not even saying a word to the boys.

She ran into her mothers room, "Hi, mom." "Hey sweetie." Naomi sat in the chair beside her mothers bed. "You feeling okay?" "As okay as I can." "I'm so glad you're okay." Her mother smiled, "So, how are you?" "How am I? You're the one who was in an accident!" "Yes but I'm fine. I don't want to talk about me anymore." Naomi sighed, "I'm good, mom." "Oh how's that boy of yours? Sam, was it?" "Oh we're um...we're not together anymore." "Aw I'm sorry." "Its okay. We're still friends." "Oh well good." "Actually I think I found somebody else." "Well I'm happy for you. I'm glad you're not closing yourself off anymore. Remember, just because my relationship failed doesn't mean yours will. Not all of us Montgomery's have bad luck." Naomi smiled, "You don't have bad luck, mom." "You're right. I couldn't possibly have bad luck. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten the most amazing daughter in the world." Naomi grabbed onto her mothers hand, "I was thinking of staying a few more days, you know to help you get back on your feet." "Oh no I'll be fine." "Mom you were in a car accident." "Naomi I'll be fine. The nurse's offered to check on me regularly and one of them signed me up for physical therapy. They even offered to come over and cook meals for me. I'll be okay." "It feels wrong to leave you." "It's not wrong if I tell you its okay." Naomi sighed, "Okay. But please call me if you need anything. And I mean anything. Even if its small, I will fly over here in a heartbeat." "I know. I love you." "I love you too, Mom."