f o u r t y

Elle opened the front door when she heard the knock.  She was hoping and expecting it to be Tom but she was surprised when she saw it was Naomi.  "What are you doing here?"  "Um, Tom told me that you were pregnant, and I just wanted to talk."  "Okay uh come in."

The two sat on the couch.  "Can I get you something to drink?" Elle asked.  "No. Thank you, though." Naomi took a deep breath, "I know that Tom hasn't talked to you since you told him and you should know that its not personal, okay? He's scared. He doesn't know how to be a dad and he doesn't know how to take care of a baby.  It was just too much for him and he needed some time and I know that you're probably upset but you can't really blame him."  "I'm scared too. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do either and that's why I need him."  "I know. And he'll come back to you, he will.  Just don't push him.  You two have known eachother forever.  Do you really think he's gonna abandon you now?"  Elle didn't say anything, she just looked down at her lap, "You should go."  "I'm not trying to-"  "Please just leave."  Naomi sighed and nodded, standing up and walking out the door, leaving Elle feeling nothing but guilt.

a/n sorry its been a few days and that this chapter is so short but big things to come in the next few chapters.