Chapter 5 : Friday Morning

Friday is here and it's my day off, finally. Somehow I can hear the birds chirping at the fact that I didn't have to run for the train! Not to mention, my date with Jeffrey tonight. I'm not really sure how to feel. Parts of me are nervous, excited and part of me just wants to back out. What if he tries to sleep with me? Is sex on the first date a bad thing for a mature adult? Is this considered the first date? I already know my girls will try to kill me if I cancel.

It's 9 AM, the sun is shining and I'm in the best of moods with possibilities on my mind. I've decided to start my morning off at Silver's Fitness Club on Fordham road, near the house. I get so consumed with work, I don't get to workout like I used to. With the way Sid cooks for the girls on the regular, I have to keep up my weight. I've worked hard to keep my body fit and in shape, I don't want to slack too much.

I'm wearing a white tank top with the turquoise Adidas logo, my turquoise leggings, and my all white NEO Advantage Sneakers. My black and highlighted brown hair is up in a high pony-tail keeping the hair out of my eyes. Leaving my apartment building, I dread having to go down 3 flights of stairs. The elevator is down. I get to the second floor and there's my neighbors, Peter and Sarah, fighting again. Once again, he got caught cheating with someone chick on Facebook. Now, of course, she's about to vent on Facebook. I don't need to watch tv living in this building. I walked past their door, which was wide open; and there was their 2-year-old son with a snotty nose and sagging diaper, crying. I'll just mind my business.

Leaving my building and walking to the gym, grooving to my Lil Kim playlist is the perfect combination of the morning. I needed something loud and semi-ratchet to ignore the hundreds of car horns, men trying to talk to me this early in the morning, or someone asking for change.
Walking into Silver's Fitness Club was like walking into a Male Revue and a buffet at the same time. Didn't know If I wanted to touch, taste or go back for seconds! Smells like Invictus by Paco Rabanne with the perfect balance of sweat. Doesn't sound too appealing but I wish you could see what I see. Men on weights, men on treadmills, men just everywhere and there were women. Let me get to my routine before I spend an hour on staring at my surroundings.

~

15 Minutes in on the treadmill and I've reached 2 and a half miles. I'm not playing any games. My Beyoncé, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj playlist is very helpful as I sprint on this machine. I love what it feels like to get the blood pumping through my veins in the morning. Feels like a resurrection is taking place in my muscles. The rush is exhilarating. It's really what I needed to get a jump-start on this weekend.

I finally reached 4 miles and started my cool down before ending my run. I grabbed my white gym towel to wipe my face as, "Aaliyah - Rock The Boat," is taking over my ears. I'm lip-syncing along, drinking my water and continued wiping my face. The sweat got into my eyes, it was hard for me to see completely. Ever opened your eyes underwater? That's what this salty sweat felt like! I was afraid to mess up contacts; Lord knows I can't see.

After I cleared my vision I noticed a mystery man staring in my direction, near the weights. He was a Puerto Rican papi at it's finest. He stood about 5 foot 11, no shirt and some gray gym shorts. He chest was its own accessory. He definitely has a trophy body. In his right hand was an oversized smart water bottle. On his left shoulder was a tattoo of a Wolf and a quote saying, "Be My Full Moon."
As he's staring at me with a grin on his face I'm trying to get my things together to exit stage left. Unfortunately, I have to walk past the weights to get to the exit. I quickly grabbed my things to hit the door, forgetting to wipe down my machine and all.

As I'm walking towards the exit, I'm not looking left or right. I was trying to have tunnel vision, when he stepped in front of me saying,

"Good Morning Beautiful!"