Chapter 6: Date Night

It's 4:30 PM, I'm in my black Victoria Secret laced bra and panty set, I'm laying on my bed frustrated. Time is not on my side and I haven't even started to straighten my hair. My to-do list is becoming too much for this date. My room looks like a tornado's been there.

I went through every piece of clothing I own at least 3 times and nothing! I'm getting annoyed with this entire situation. I rather show up in sweatpants. I'm playing my Get Dressed Playlist but it's not helping my mood like it normally does. I don't know whether to dress casually or pull out my best fashions. This is a certified headache and I'm not here for it! What is "Le Bernardin" anyways?

I grabbed my phone and googled, Le Bernardin, New York, NY. The first thing I read was, Seafood Restaurant. I love seafood! I read Google's description and saw it's an Elite French Restaurant.

"Crap!" I yelled as I threw a pillow off the bed.

My door swings open. "Girl, what are you going through?" said Faith.

She looked around at the tornado wrecked room in shock, "Seriously Girl, what are you going through?"

"Everything!" I yelled as I tried to suffocate myself with a pillow. "Just take me now, Lord!" Faith started to laugh as she tippy toed through shirts, heels and jeans towards the bed.

"What wrong baby, tell mommy all about it," Faith said as she sat on the edge of my bed giggling wearing Grey sweat pants and a black tank top. I removed the pillow from my face as I sat up saying, "Tonight is my date with Jeffrey and I have nothing to wear."

"Well, where are y'all going?" Faith asked.

I answered, "Some fancy French restaurant in Manhattan."

Faith yelled, "Girl bye, you have clothes!"

"No, I don't!" I responded.

I continued, "Ugh!!" as I plopped back down on my bed screaming into the pillow I tried to suffocate myself with.

As I'm screaming, I feel Faith's weight release from the bed. Ciara - Goodies is now playing on my speakers. This song normally changes my mood when I start moving my body, but it's not working. I released the pillow from my face and see a black and white laced cocktail dress across my bed. I noticed Faith's patten leather red bottoms in her hand. Next to the dress I notice my mother's pearl earrings.

"This is it!" Faith yelled.

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, "My girl, your closet!"

I laughed, "Oh!"

That was the dress I wore at cousin Latoya's wedding; I haven't worn it since then. I've never worn my mother's pearl earrings. They've been sitting in the box on my dresser forever collecting dust! Pearls never go out of style and I've been waiting for the perfect time to wear them. Apparently, Faith felt it was the right time!

~
"Ma'am, We're here," said Ben, the Jamaican Uber driver.

My phone read, "6:57 PM"

"Perfect," I thought to myself.

"Thank You," I said as I'm closing the car door before he pulls off. It's a beautiful May evening. It's not too hot, there's a refreshing breeze that makes you want to stroll along the side-walk and the wind elevates your mind.

My laced dress is complimenting my genetic curves too perfectly. Eyes are definitely on me and I'm loving it. Faith's red bottoms got me feeling like I'm walking on money. My hair is in a high bun which goes with what I'm selling for the night, pure beauty. I applied light makeup and MAC's Dare You - Cremesheen red lipstick. Of course I wore my mother's pearl earrings to bring me good luck tonight. Your Girl is ready to turn heads.