8

Joanna and Amy spend the next morning touring the house with Patricia. Joanna gets a dreamy look on her face as she sees the indoor swimming pool. Amy smiles in delight and then they both remember that they don't have their swimsuits there.

Patricia notices their suddenly downcast expressions and says, "The master has some extra swim wear for guests that don't come prepared, which is most." She doesn't say that most of his guests are dates that stay the night and then are never seen at the house again. But Joanna infers this. After all Michael Jamison is known for his widespread taste in women. He rarely goes with the same one twice.

"That sounds like something we can do after the tour," Amy speaks for them both. Relaxing in water is the best way for them to center themselves. It's the reason Joanna remodeled her bathroom when she bought the condo, she needed a large tub so she could float in the water.

"At least you will be able to use it, Amy," Joanna realizes that she won't be able to use it for some time. Those damn stitches can't get wet just yet. Another week before she can get her torso wet other than a shower. The water proof bandage is good for showers, not so good for swimming or just floating in water.

They finish the tour and make plans for going down to the dining room for lunch. "Master," Patricia says as they enter the main hall once more. Michael is just taking off his coat.

"Patricia, ladies, I hear the lovely sound of laughter. I take it everything is to your liking then?" Michael says with a small smile.

"You have a lovely home, Michael," Joanna manages to get out. At her words Michael's smile widens.

"So you've finally decided that it's okay to call me by name, Miss Greene?" Michael says in a teasing manner. Joanna blushes a light pink, but as she catches Amy's eyes and her inquiring look she blushes even more.

"I still think it's inappropriate for me to be calling you by your name." Joanna demurs at the looks she's receiving.

"Please, as long as you are here, I want you to call me by name. If you wish once you are no longer staying here go back to being so formal." Michael says smiling.

"Thank you and you might as well call me Joanna." Joanna manages to say.

"After lunch, I have something to give you. I hope you like it." Michael says and motions for them to go before him to the dining room.

"Lunch will be ready soon sir," Patricia says as they move towards the dining room.

"How was your meal?" Michael asks as they finish.

"It was delicious sir. Thank you very much," Amy says smiling at Michael.

"Thank you Miss Hendicks." Michael says as escorting them from the room. "Miss Joanna if you would come with me, I would like to give you my gift now." Michael says escorting her to the other side of the house.

"I thought you didn't want me on this side," Joanna says confused.

"This requires you to come to this side of the house." Michael says gently ushering Joanna forward. The two don't even notice that Amy is following a few steps behind.

Joanna stops short coming into the secondary sitting room. She hisses softly through her teeth. "What's he doing here?" Joanna is beyond angry at the sight of the man before her.

"That is my gift to you," Michael says softly. The man stands scared before them. Joanna and Amy are too angry to speak. The man that killed Joanna's parents stands before them still slightly drunk and scared stiff.

Michael decides to explain more. "He is a danger and breaking parole. I thought that instead of reporting him to the police that I would let you have some quality time with him."

"Whatever debt you felt you had towards me, is filled with this, Michael." Joanna says and there's something in her eyes that makes Michael take another look at her. 

Joanna is transformed, there's fire in her eyes and a frozen look on her face.

Joanna walks forward and touches the man on his hands and suddenly the room is resounding with the sound of his screams.

Almost immediately she removes her hand from the man's hand, but his screams continue.

Suddenly both the man and Joanna collapse. Michael races over to Joanna and picks her up. She's still breathing just unconscious. "What's wrong with her?" Michael demands of Amy.

"The relief from her giving him the pain from her family's death  caused her to faint." Amy explains.

Michael still isn't too sure just what she means by that, but he carries her up to her room. He sets her on her bed gently. He puts a light blanket over her to make her more comfortable. He goes to a chair and sits waiting for Joanna to awaken.

Joanna moans and moves about half an hour later. "How do you feel? I can get you some pain meds if you'd like?" Michael says from his seat.

"What happened?" Joanna moans softly.

"You faced the man that killed your family and shortly after that you passed out. I would have taken you back to the hospital but your cousin said that you were okay. So I brought you to your room. I still don't understand exactly what happened to you." Michael says to Joanna.

"I'll take that pain medicine if you would be so kind Michael." Joanna says putting her hand up to her forehead. 

Michael silently gets up and goes into her bathroom and grabs her some medicine. He gives her a glass of water to help her take the pills.

After she takes the pills she falls back onto her pillows. She turns back to Michael, "I have the ability to project my pain to others, but to give them the pain permanently like I did, I have to give it to the person that gave it to me." Joanna  tries to explain it to him, but it isn't all that easy.