25

"Michael?" Joanna asks coming up to her door. Michael is sitting on the floor with a bouquet of flowers at his side.

"Hi, Joanna. I know that I'm early, but I couldn't wait. Sorry." Michael gets up and hands the flowers to Joanna. The flowers are a bunch of wild flowers and a single red rose.

"Um, it's okay." She takes the flowers and he pulls out the rose. 

"The rose," he takes the bud and breaks it off. "This is for you to wear." He places it behind her ear.

"Oh, thanks, Michael." Joanna isn't sure just what she should do now.

"Why don't we go in. I'm sure that you want to get this over with as soon as possible. I don't want to impose too much on your time."

"Oh, yeah, that's right. I'm sorry." She opens the door and ushers Michael in.

Michael had never actually been into her place before. He goes in and takes a seat on the couch. Joanna takes her bags into her room and then comes and sits across from him.

"Okay, I'm not getting an abortion. You are right, the baby didn't do anything to deserve that. Besides, the time has pretty much gone for that. Some places will still do it, but I've heard the heartbeat and my next appointment I'll find out if it's a girl or boy. I can't kill it.

"You are invited to the appointment. The doctor strongly suggests having both parents there."

Michael is stunned at her words and it takes him a minute to catch up with her words. Then his whole face lights up, "You mean that?"

Joanna smiles nervously and says, "Yes, of course. I wouldn't joke about that, Michael. I'm not that cruel."

"I'd love that, just let me know when your appointment is and where." Michael is smiling and can't stop. "Thank you. Is this want you wanted to talk to me about?" Now his expression turns confused. "I'm not complaining mind you."

Joanna's nervous smile disappears, "No, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about." She bites her lip and looks down. "Michael, I'm scared. I trusted you in a way that I've never trusted anyone."

"I know, it's okay, I know you no longer trust me. Do you want me to go now?" Michael says preparing to stand up. "If you choose to stay here though, you'll have to move or Blake will have to find another place to live. This place won't be big enough for three and he won't be able to protect both you and the baby. He'll or she'll need a body guard as well."

"No. Stay please," Joanna stands up and starts pacing. Michael looks at her in shock. In all the time he's been around her he's never seen Joanna so nervous. "What do you mean about that?"

"Michael," she finally stops and looks at Michael. "What would you like me to do?"

Michael sits back and stares at her, "What do I want?" He sits back up, "I want for you to move back to the estate. Not just back to the house, but to my room. I want to be a part of this baby's life from this moment on. I want to take care of you and love you, like I did before I fucked up everything. I want to marry you, but, what I want doesn't matter. I've hurt you so badly that I know that there's no way in hell that you would ever marry me. 

"You are so damn far above me that I need a telescope to look at you. I want you happy, Joanna. So I want whatever will make you happy and I know that that isn't me." He stands up and goes over to her. "I will do whatever you want, if you come back. Take my room and I'll move over to the other wing with my men."

Joanna looks at him. "I'll move back to the estate if you stop putting yourself down and if you stay in your room."

Michael looks at her with hope budding in his heart.  "You'll come back?"

"Yes, I'll come back. But you have to stay in your room."

Michael nods but is confused, "But then where do you want to stay? I thought we'd make your old room into the nursery. I was going to have double doors like they have in hotel rooms put in to connect the rooms."

"You wanted me to move back to your room. Did you not want me to after all?" Joanna says and bites her lip once more. She just hopes that she's not making a mistake now.

"You are of course right I do want you come back to my room." Michael starts smiling tentatively. He leans down and gives her a kiss. "Come back home, please, Joanna."

"Yes, I'll come back." Joanna smiles widely and Michael picks her up and twirls her around.

"We'll come when Blake and I pack our things." Joanna says when he puts her down.

Michael nods, "I'll send Dmitri with the car, he'll help you load up take your things to the house when you get home."

"Thanks," Joanna says and gives him another kiss. As the kiss deepens Michael pulls her to him and holds her to him.

"Don't take too long, Joanna. I need you home."

"I won't. I'm sure Blake is just about packed. I think," Joanna smiles, "that he was expecting this to happen."

"He's a smart man, Blake is. Remind me to give him a raise." Michael says giving her another quick kiss before leaving.

The car pulls into the drive of the place Joanna swore that she'd never return too again.  "Miss Joanna, he's so excited that you're coming home again."

"Is he?" Joanna asks nervously as the car comes to a stop.

"I've never seen him so visibly nervous ever. He loves you miss, he's been miserable without you."

Joanna looks at him and smiles, "Thank you Dmitri, that's very sweet of you to say."

"It's the truth miss, he's been impossible to deal with while you've been gone. The boss says that I'm to be your driver whenever you want to go anywhere. You are to choose a car as well and that will be designated as your car." Dmitri gets out and opens her door then goes to grab her bags.

Joanna and then Blake get out to the car. Blake goes and gets some of his own bags then they follow Dmitri up to the doors. Dmitri opens them and then ushers in Joanna,  "Welcome home, Miss Joanna."

Joanna sees the hall filled with Michael's men and they all give their welcome. She searches for Michael but doesn't see him. "Go about your business. Joanna, Michael wanted to meet with you but he got an emergency call from a contractor about one of the businesses. He'll meet with you as soon as he's finished." Jordan says seeing her disappointment.

"Oh, okay," Joanna says more than a little crestfallen. She heads up the stairs and goes to Michael's room.