Chapter 3

I walked slowly into Jinxx and Sammi's home, taking everything in. Across one wall was about 10 vinyl records, all still in their cases. The two guys holding my bags looked at Sammi.

"Where do we put these?" The tallest one said. He had a nice voice.

"Down the hall, second door on the right." Sammi said as she pulled the things she bought at Hot Topic out of a bag.

I followed the two guys into a brightly lit bedroom. They dropped my bags on the floor and looked at me.

"I'm Christian," the one with the bandana said. "but everyone around here calls me CC." He smiled, and shook my hand.

CC walked out and the tall one stepped in front of me.

"I'm Andy, it's nice to meet you.....?"

"Cora." I whispered.

"That's a cute name." He smiled.

"Thank you, i-it's short for Coraline."

"Cute." He smirked and walked out.

I closed the door and turned to face the mirror that Sammi must have put in here. I lifted up my shirt and looked at the deep purple bruise on my stomach and sighed. It was finally over. For now, at least. I pulled one of my bags up on the bed and started pulling all of my things out of it.

After all of my clothes were in the closet along with my shoes, I reached into a little makeshift pocket in the side of the last bag and pulled out a small baggy full of razor blades and a roll of ducktape. I taped three blades under the bed, one under the small dresser that was in the room, four under the window sill, and shoved the rest in a pair of boots that I never wore.

I layed down on the bed and sighed once more, a wave of relief pouring through me. I heard laughing coming from the living room, and walked slowly to see what was going on. I smiled as I saw Jinxx holding Sammi over his head, spinning her around as she squeeled in delight. Their relationship was so sweet. Andy saw me come in and nodded for me to come sit with them and watch the show.

I sat down next to Andy, and for the first time in a long time, allowed myself to laugh.