Chapter 7

I don't remember falling asleep. I don't remember walking in my bedroom or climbing under the blankets. I don't remember any of it. But when I woke up, at 3:00 PM, I might add, I was in my room, under the blankets, warm and cozy. I layed there for a while, staring at the ceiling. I thought about Sammi and Andy and how happy I was to be here, away from the pain and the neglect. I climbed out of bed and pulled of my jeans from yesterday, throwing on my Asking Alexandria basketball shorts and a long sleeve red shirt. I tugged a brush through my tangled hair before walking into the living room.

"Look who's up." Jinxx says, laughing.

I smile a weak smile and sit on the couch next to Ashley, who's reading Hustler magazine.

"Ugh, that's nasty." I say, leaning away from him.

"What is? This?" He shoves the magazine, turned to a nude picture of a young girl in a very provocative pose, in my face, laughing.

"Ew!" I squeel.

I can see Andy in the kitchen talking to Sammi and CC in a hushed voice, all three of them looking over at me every now and again. 

"I'm gonna go get something to drink." I say as I get up and walk to the kitchen. All three of them stop talking.

Sammi coughs. "Hey, Cora, what's up?"

"Can I get something to drink?"

"Of course you can! Glasses are in the first cabinet to your left, you know where the drinks are."

I grab a small glass and a carton of orange juice out of the fridge, pouring some, but mostly waiting for them to start talking again. They never do. I put the carton back in the fridge and go sit down next to Ashley, who has thankfully put the magazine away.

"Where's Jake?" I ask quietly.

Ashley laughed. "With his woman. Those two are damn near inseperable."

"His woman?" 

"Ella. His girlfriend."

"Oh. Who are you dating?"

He put his arms up behind his head, like he was proud of something. "About 50 Playboy bunnies."

I laughed. Sammi Laughed. Andy Laughed. Jinxx Laughed. CC laughed.

"You wish!" CC snorted.

"You're not dating anyone either!" Jinxx said, laughing like mad.

Andy finally spoke up. "Are Jinxx and Jake the only ones in a relationship?"

CC, Ashley, and Andy all got quiet, their faces turning red. Andy moved away from the table and waled down the hall, going into my room and shutting the door.

"What is he doing?" I asked.

"He just needs a place to cool off. Him and his girlfriend, Juliet, just broke up. He's taking it pretty rough."

I sighed and got up off the couch, walking to my bedroom door. I knocked twice.

"Andy.." I said quietly.

"Go away." He said, sounding very pissed off.

"It's my room, I deserve to come in."

He slowly opened the door and I went inside, shutting the door behind me. He sat down on my bed and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I stood in front of him, trying to give him a hug. I wasn't good at comforting people. He grabbed me around my waist and gently sat me on his lap, burying his face between my shoulder and my neck. I could feel the tears pouring from his eyes. 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and layed my head on his shoulder, letting him cry. I'd never seen a man cry before. I just never let myself get that close to a man before.

When he was done crying, he moved his head up, looking at me.

"Thank you." He said in a deep, raspy voice.

"You did the same for me."

He stared at me for a long time before speaking.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"

My breath caught in my throat. "N-No you haven't."

He smiled weakly. "Well, you are. You're beautiful in every way." He ran his fingers through my hair and put his hand on the nape of my neck, pulling me towards him. He kissed me, full on the lips. Not just a short, over in two seconds kiss, but a long kiss. A kiss full of passion. I felt his teeth pull against my bottom lip as he held me. He fell backwards onto my bed and pulled me on top of him. I straddled him and pulled his hair as we kissed. He broke off after a few minutes, gasping and smiling. He layed me next to him and put his arms around me. I layed my head on his chest.

"That was.... wow." He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Wow." I agreed, gasping for breath.