Chapter 13

MARCUS

The Fallen were angels who have greatly sinned. They used to soar the skies above, watching humans as they go with their life. They used to look down from the skies while guarding their realm.

Their realm was beautiful.  Humans call it heaven, Nirvana, and all those other names. But for them it was simply home. A place they would die protecting. It's appearance is really hard to explain for each angel who fell from heaven forget its appearance. The moment their wings were ripped out of their bodies and they were banished down, they forgot everything they saw in paradise. But although they have no memories of it, there is always that gaping hole of loneliness in their bodies for the place they once called home. 

The longer the angels stayed on earth, the more their souls get tainted. That was a fact they all knew even before they were cast down. This is the reason why angels only stay on earth for only a few years before going back to their realm. But for them going back is not an option. 

"Marcus why won't you go back?"the woman in front of him frustratedly said.

"I can't"simpleng tugon niya.

"Just fix your mistake. Slay the~~"

"Don't. I won't go back if it means losing him"malamig na wika ni Marcus bago niya talikuran ang babaeng anghel. The thing about being one of the Fallen is that they are not actually irredeemable. In order for them to regain their angelhood, all they have to do is to correct their mistake. They have to right their sin in order for them to regain their passage in heaven. But that is easier said than done. 

They committed that sin for a reason. For them it wasn't even a mistake. They know that what they did is going against the natural order but they can't make themselves regret their decision. They did not regret saving him. This time he will not fail the way he failed to save his mother.

-----------------

Marcus was only four when his life on earth ended. At first he did not have any memory of his life as a human. However as he grew older, flashes of his past life keeps on resurfacing in his memory. He remembered his father buying him ice cream whenever he is sad. He remembered the sweet smell of chocolate as his mother baked him a cake. He remembered their picnics in the park every Sunday. He remembered going to church with them. He remembered all the sweet memories of his childhood when he was still alive. With all the memories he remembered, the memory of his death was always the clearest...

He remembered his father leaving for work that morning leaving him and his mother alone in the house. His  mother was in the kitchen baking as usual. He was so excited since she was baking cupcakes. He remembered the quiet knock on their door. His mother didn't hear it so he proceeded to open the door. He remembered seeing a man standing outside. He was scary. He have a nasty scar across his lip and he was grinning at him. He remembered the pain on his head when the man pushed him roughly inside. More men came in and they searched their house. His vision was blurry but he could never forget the scream of her mother.

"S-Stop"he remembered his young self whispering the words since he was too weak to do anything else.

"Ain't you a pretty little bitch"he heard a man said and it was followed by a chorus of laughter. He saw them drag her mother to the living room. She was fighting and crying as they ripped her clothes away from her. He watched the men get on top of her mother one at a time. They were laughing while her mother was crying.

He wanted to do something. Anything. But he could only lay there barely conscious. When they were done, a man pulled out a gun and shot his mother in the head. The men then stole all their valuables and as they were about to leave, a man saw him lying on the floor.

"Buhay pa yung bata."he heard one man say.

"Dispatsyahin niyo na. Sasabit tayo dyan."another man said. He remembered as one of the guys went closer to him. It was the man with the scar on his lip. He was smiling at him cruelly.

"Time to sleep kid."he heard the man said before he saw the blade he was holding. He tried to move away but he couldn't. The last thing he remembered was the pain on his neck when the man slit his throat.

His next memory after that was standing at the gates of the angel's realm. He have no memories of his past life then. All he knew was that he feels light as he held his mother's hand. He knew he was dead but for some reason, he feels good.

-------------

A few years later being one of the angels, his mother was sent on a mission on earth. She was gone for 2 years. When she returned, she was not the same. She always leave to visit earth. This continued for a few years more until he was 15 in angel years. One day, she just never returned. He found out that she was gone. A demon killed her. It was like losing his mother all over again. From that moment he vowed to avenge his mother. He promised himself that he would be the one to slay that demon.

---------------

He was 16 when he decided to go down on earth to find the demon that killed his mother. He did not expect what he discovered on earth. He discovered what happened to his father the day he and his mother died. 

His father went home to find his and his mother's body on the floor. There was blood pooling underneath them. His father was devastated. He went crazy after the death of his son and wife. Time passed and his father was filled with hate. He questioned God for his family's faith. He turned his back against God and he decided to take things in his own hands. He left their house to look for the men who killed his family. He tortured and murdered the men who killed his wife and son. After that, his father killed himself.

He found out that his father's actions made him a demon. His father sold his soul to a demon in exchange of the lives of the men who killed his family. He also found out about his mother's mission when she was sent on earth. His mother was sent to end the life of his father who was already a demon then. 

To put it simply, his mother failed the mission. What he found out was horrible.  His father was not the same loving man. He became a demon inside and out. His father was so obsessed with his mother that he raped her. The rape resulted to a child who is half angel, half demon. His brother, Calvin, was the product of that rape. Every time his mother left their realm, it was because of Calvin. She always went down on earth to try and take her son away from his demon father. But one day, his father snapped and killed his mother. His brother was then left in the hands of his father. 

He killed his father to save his brother. That was one of the hardest things he did. He couldn't help remembering the man his father used to be. But he have to do what is right so he killed him.

He stayed on earth for a year together with his brother and the other Fallen after that. They grew close within that year. Calvin was already 12 that time and he's only 17. After that year he and the other Fallen were summoned back to their realm for a mission. Their mission? Kill Calvin.

Those angels must be stupid if they think that he would kill his own brother that he worked so hard to save. They want him to kill Calvin because he is an anomaly. He is against the natural order. A child born from  a demon father and an angel mother is not normal. But he refused and so did the other Fallen. Instead of killing him, they protected him. Because of that they got banished. Their wings were ripped out of their bodies and they were thrown down on earth. They have been called The Fallen since then.

It has been 9 years since that happened. Now instead of angels they have demons knocking on their door. That dark prince thinks he could just enter and exit their territory without any trouble. Just because they used to be angels doesn't mean they have to be good.

He has killed angels before to protect his brother and the other Fallen. Killing a demon won't be a problem. Even though they were angels once, they could still play a demon's game.

"What's the plan Captain?"nakangising tanong ni Drake. 

"You remember the saying 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'? I think its time we meet with that friend."Marcus said with a chuckle.  

----------------------------------------------

No proof-read. Sorry for wrong grammars and typos. Matatagalan uli ang update. I'm sorry pero kasi malapit na ang finals. I know its selfish pero sana hindi niyo ako iwan :( 

VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW