Chapter 20

Amoy na amoy ang mga bulaklak sa hardin habang tahimik siyang nakamasid sa tubig ng lawa. Isang maliit na ngiti ang makikita sa kanyang labi. Sa mga mata ng mga ordinaryong tao, ang tubig sa lawa ay isa lamang ordinaryong tubig. Ngunit sa mga mata ni Zack, ang tubig na ito ay isang salamin na ipapakita sa kanya ang lahat ng gusto niyang makita.

His strength is coming back. Nothing could be better. Ito ang patuloy na sinasabi niya sa kanyang sarili.

At what price?

An unbidden thought flashed in his mind which caused his smile to slowly fade. Yes. At what cost?

Don't forget. You must not forget.

May kung anong boses sa kanyang isipan na nagsasabing hindi niya dapat kalimutan. Ano nga ba ang ipinalit niya para makuha muli ang kanyang kapangyarihan? Hindi niya maalala. He was playing a game. A game with his brother. Or was it with another demon? Hindi siya sigurado. Ang alam lang niya ay nanalo siya. He won. She'll be back where she belongs. While him...

Ano nga ba ang meron sa kanya. Sino nga ba siya? Hindi niya maalala. Ang alam lang niya ay siya si Zack. And he is...

Who am I?

He frowned as he continued staring at the water. Sino siya? Bakit hindi niya matandaan? Tinignan niya ang hardin sa kanyang paligid at muling nagbalik ang kanyang ngiti. Hindi na iyon mahalaga. Ara will be coming soon. His queen is coming. Thats all that matters.

"Zack"isang tinig ang pumukaw sa kanyang atensyon. Tinitigan niya lamang ang lalaking bagong dating. Sino si Zack?

"Gusto mo bang maglaro?"tanong ng lalaki sa kanya. Tinitigan niya ang lalaki. His eyes are that of his favorite color. Red.

"Who are you?"tanong niya sa lalaking kulay pula ang mga mata.

"I am your brother. Dont you know?" Yohan was wearing a suit. His face is covered by a black mask. He looks like a fine gentleman from some rich family. A gentle smile hangs from his lips.

"Gusto mo ba maglaro?"ulit ni Yohan sa kanyang tanong noong titigan lamang siya ni Zack.

"What game?"tanong ni Zack.

"Lets build a castle. With roses and corpses."Yohan said with bloodlust in his eyes. Tinitigan ni Zack ang kanyang kamay habang may munting ngiti na naglalaro sa kanyang mga labi. Isang marahang tawa ang pinakawalan niya.

"Don't you know?"mahinang bulong ni Zack. Unti unti niyang inangat ang kanyang tingin kay Yohan.

"My castle of roses and corpses was built a long time ago..."pagpapatuloy ni Zack. Zack's golden eyes gleamed with madness. Faint traces of darkness could be seen leaking from his body.

Yohan laughed loudly with Zack's response. Inabutan niya si Zack ng isa pang maskara. It was also colored black but with some rose patterns engraved on it.

Yohan likes this brother. He is cold and brutal and is full of blood lust. With his madness, the world will shun him. They will curse him. They will abandon him.

He likes this brother. This brother will have no one but him...

Yohan thought as he looks at Zack with excitement.

However against Yohan's expectation, slowly the blood lust faded from Zack's eyes and he pushed away the mask Yohan is offering.

"No games today. She's waiting for me..."Zack said as he stared into the distance with affection.

Yohan's expression immediately turned cold.

"What does she have that I dont?"malamig na tanong ni Yohan. Yohan watched as his brother smiled like a fool.

"She's different. She's kind, pure, and beautiful."Zack answered with an infatuated smile.

ARA

Ara felt Calvin hold her hand tightly. She secretly looked at Calvin's side face. Her eyes are full of mixed emotions. He was nice. Dumating ito noong kailangan niya ito. He was like an angel heaven sent to save her. Bahagya siyang napangiti sa kanyang naisip. He is an angel. She thought amused.

The way he makes her feel is different... She knows that he treats her differently than the way a friend is supposed to treat another friend. She wants to think that maybe...just maybe he likes her too.

She was momentarily shocked by this passing thought. Likes her...too?

Since when did she started thinking like this? Since when did she liked this good friend of hers? She honestly doesnt know.

"Calvin?"nag-aalangang wika ni Ara.

"Yes?"hindi lumilingong tugon ni Calvin.

"Why are you always good to me?"marahang tanong niya. Calvin looked at her seriously.

"Because you are special"seryosong tugon ni Calvin sa kanya.

He treats her differently. She never promised him anything but she knows that to him she is special. Tuwing tatanungin niya ito, lagi nitong sinasabi na espesyal siya para dito. Guilt slowly crept up her mind. These past few months, she's been using him. But she doesn't have a choice. Kailangan niya si Calvin. So she used him.

What she is doing is wrong. But maybe if she stayed with him and return his feelings... maybe she could right that wrong.

"Calvin?"mahina niya uling tawag sa atensyon ng lalaki.

"What is it?"tugon ng lalaki.

"If I told you I like you. Would you say you like me too?"mahinang bulong ni Ara bago niya iniwas ang kanyang tingin. Kita ang marahang pamumula ng kanyang pisngi.

Calvin was momentarily surprised but he immediately schooled his expression with a gentle smile.

"Yes..."nakangiting tugon ni Calvin bago niya akapin at halikan si Ara. Ara closed her eyes as Calvin kissed her. She doesn't love Calvin. But maybe she could learn to love him. Its the least she could do. Besides she already likes him.

Calvin's eyes calmly stared at Ara as he kissed her.

"Do you trust me?"wika ni Calvin pagkatapos niyang halikan ang dalaga.

"I trust you" wika ni Ara as he stared at Calvin's eyes.

"Proprotektahan kita Ara."mahinang tugon ni Calvin sa tiwala ng dalaga.

"Thank you...for everything"Ara whispered as she hugged him tightly. Calvin's eyes did not fluctuate as he hugged her back.

YOHAN

Yohan stared coldly at the mirror. After so many months, he finally found the vixen his brother covets. This kind of scene is frequent within these months.

And so another piece is in place. That slut is really great at seducing people. Yohan smiled coldly as this thought flashed in his mind.

"Is this the woman you are so proud of brother? A slut."Yohan whispered sadly as he stared. Hindi niya maintindihan kung paano nahulog ang kanyang kapatid sa ganitong klaseng babae. Zack is blind. Yohan is sure that Zack also saw this scene. If he could see it, then his brother could do the same. But Yohan is also sure that in his brother's eyes, this woman is not doing anything wrong.

"What do you want to do?"Rage said while grinning. His eyes are full of excitement as he stared at Yohan.

Yohan just stared at the scene coldly.

"Finish the game." 

----------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. Patapos na itong story. This was meant to be a short story so yeah. Thanks for bearing with me. Stay safe guys! Love you!

VOTE|COMMENT|FOLLOW