24. Reunited at Last (@durbxnskies)

So...it turned out that I found time after school to edit this...and...yeah...

     Kyle's POV

     We must have looked extremely suspicious. I definitely felt it. Why were we even hiding? We were meant to be dragging his sorry arse back to 2017. "For once I agreed with Woody," I nodded my head slightly.

     "If I remember rightly, you were the one that said get down, Ky." Jesus Christ. Could these men not fend for themselves? Was it seriously that hard? Fuck this shit, I wanted to go home. That's when Woody sat up. "Oi, mate!" He called loudly, waving his left arm in the air. That's when me and Will slowly sat up, only to see Dan giving us evils.

     "Dan..." Dan got up out of his private table and quickly grabbed a chair and yanked it to our table before slumping down. "What are you doing here?" He gritted his teeth.

     "We were being old friends and rescuing you-" Dan cut Will off with a slightly demonic laugh.

     He's a cold blooded murderer. He murdered Laureline. He killed that girl. She had so much life to live...and then he took it. He robbed her life. "Rescuing me? Oh for fuck sakes." Dan crossed his arms.

     "Why did you run away when we caught up with you last time? We only wanted to help. This isn't you Dan. Please can we go home?!" Woody thumped the table as soon as Dan shook his head.

     "Why?!" I screamed psychotically.

     "Because I want you here." He snarled.

     What the fuck does that mean? Why does he want me here? "Dan this isn't fucking funny, okay? You've had your laugh, now come on, stop taking the piss. Let's go home. You're not well mate." Dan laughed evilly in response.

     "I can kill you all right now and get away with it." This was the proof. I didn't kill her. He was the one that pushed me with the knife.

     "Dan..." Woody nervously laughed.

     "Can we just...go?" Everyone was looking at us. The local residents were also giving the most scolding looks. We need to go. "No." Dan whispered as he stood up.

     "I have some...unfinished business to attend to. This is your first and final warning: run away from me. Pray that I'll never catch you." Me, Woody, and Will looked at each other, feeling our hearts pound.

     "Dan-" Woody tried laughing. This time Dan didn't say anything else, he just narrowed his eyes and glared at Woody. Wood gulped as Dan walked away. This was bollocks. "Fuck that. I'm not running." Woody then took a sip of...whatever was in that drink.

     That's when someone painfully screamed. Dan then plunged a knife into a old, bald man's throat, the blood painted the walls of the café. "Run!" Dan violently screamed, as us lot and the other people did the very thing he wanted.

     Everyone, apart from the new, mysterious girl he was with, ran away. While we all frantically ran out the door, a question came into my mind: where did that girl come from? It wasn't the same fine woman he walked through the door with? This girl seemed creepy and slightly goth looking.

<><><><><><><><><><>

     Dan's POV

     I suspected that the woman's friend, Lizzie Borden, was behind my back. Kyle kept looking behind me while he was getting shoved out of the door. I didn't think Lizzie's friend would still be behind me.

     "Aren't you afraid of me?" I whispered as the last of the workers frantically ran out of the door. I even heard one young boy praying.

     How pathetic.

     I sensed her edginess. Her aura was black. "You're misunderstood. You have thoughts...bad thoughts..." I then heard the floor boards creek.

     "How do you know?" I couldn't help but smile. I'm very privileged to meet you, Lizzie. Lizzie smiled.

     She rephrased the question again. "How do you know about my thoughts? Are you a magician?" I chuckled. "No. But I know how much you want to kill your parents, I'm willing to help you out." So I could frame her and be the real Lizzie Borden.

     "How do I know you're on my side?" I then looked at the dead body below me and stabbed him once more in the heart. "Would a policeman really stab a dead body?" Lizzie crossed her arms tightly around her waist.

     "I'm not sure. To prove a point, maybe?" That's when we were inches away from each other's face. "We need to go." Lizzie grabbed my hand and pulled me through the back of the café.

     That's when we ran, we kept running until we stopped at a very familiar, famous house. "Home sweet home." Lizzie mumbled under her breath.

     The Borden residency.