The Boss, MJ (Martine Johansson)

At first she thought he's just concern. But as the day pass, he got more possessive.  Maybe She have to enjoy the attention of her Boss while it last, because at the end of the day, she will just remain as his assistant.

Chapter one

I open the office after I gave a warning knock. Then I saw him, my Hot handsome boss. I keep my flat and emotionless face.

"Mr. Lane, the meeting will start 20 minutes." I informed him.

"Okay, make sure everything's set and okay." He said without looking at me, he just continue staring at his laptop.

"I personally set everything, Sir." I said emphasizing the word 'personally'. For two years I work as his assistant, MJ learn to trust me with everything. "I'll wait or you in my table outside." I didn't wait for his answer, I got out of the office and sit in my table. Oh, I wonder what would be his reaction, knowing I gave him a pet name. I smiled at myself.

I look at my phone and there's a message from my best friend saying he'll come after work to fetch me. I replied it 'okay'.

Then I look at my computer screen and see the picture of my family. I miss them so much.

Oh, I'm Ischia (ee-skyah) Jaye Castro most people call me Jaye. I'm 25. I came from a small country named Philippines in the southeast Asia. I'm here at New York as working student for my Masters degree. I graduated in University of the Philippines, Diliman Campus in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accountancy. As soon as I graduated as a Suma cum laude I applied in my dream company. The Lanes Corporations Philippine branch in Manila, Philippines. I work there as a accountant staff and got promoted as a accountant manager after one year. Before my 2nd year in the company, they inform me that they will send me in New York as a grant scholar of their company, but I should work there too. The day I arrive here, the CEO fired her secretary and that's the only vacant slot. I couldn't be so choosy. I don't want too. For what? I got to work for the CEO. It's big. I can learn even more. The only problem was Martine Johansson Lane III,  the CEO himself is a Greek God. I mean I can't concentrate around him. But for almost three months I learn to control myself. I need to graduate and go home. I miss my family.

When I left two years ago, my Father said he can afford to get me to school here at New York University, but I know he needed it more to put up his own business and  hey, training while studying? It's once in a life time opportunity. Besides I'm getting my training under the great, hot, handsome Martine Johansson Lane III, what could I ever ask for? Also, I don't want to burden them, since I started schooling I never let them pay my tuition, I'm always at the top of my class so, it means I'm a scholar my whole life. Sometimes I got a part time job and refuses the money my parents gave me. I know how hard it is for them raising us.

My mother is a plain housewife, I got nothing against it. My mother was graduate of Political science but choose to stay at home to take care of us. But she earned no money from it, and my father is an architect. We are four children in the family, all girls the eldest is Chaste Rue 27, who is graduating as a lawyer this year, the next is me Ischia Jaye, the third is  Mari Louise she is 19 and 1st year college student in UP Diliman, taking up BS Biology, the last is Aisha Blake who is 12 years old and grade 7. We were so close to each other so when I get here in New York it was not easy for me to adjust. But I have to, for my dreams and for my family.

My father being 50 when I left, can't cope up with the new generation, put up his own Architectural firm, and my Ate Rue (Ate is a Filipino term for a Big Sister) is still in a law school she don't have any work. In short Rue is  still dependent to our parents, also, Louise will get to college, she and Blake is both in Private school. So I have to go. The fact that I'll also be earning while schooling is a great help for us.

My thought was cut off by hearing my name being called. My boss is standing at the front of my table.

"You're day dreaming? What are you looking at your computer screen?" Before I can react, he's already behind me. "Ohh, your family?" he ask, and walk on the hall way.

I stand up and follow him. "hmmm, yeah." I whisper said.

"You missed them?" He ask looking forward. I smile sadly.

"A lot." He stop for a while and turn around at me. I stop at my track. I give him questionable look. He look at me, and I think I just saw confusion in his eye, but it's fast.

"We're running late. Come on." He said and hurry to the conference room.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask myself following him.