Son of Death. Thalia Grace x Male Reader. Pt1

The cry of a newborn baby filled the air. Its father and mother looked down at him with smiles and shining eyes as he lay there in his mothers embrace. The baby soon started to quiet down as he looked at his parents curiously, the boy's father brushed his hand over his son's head.

"What shall we name him my dear?" he asked his wife still looking at the child.
"He will be called (F/N), (F/N) Ragnarok and he will be the greatest hero, far greater than any son of Zeus, Poseidon or Hades, and the world will know that he is, the son of Thanatos."

But the happiness was not to last, because just as the couple had retired to Thanatos' domain in a nicer place in the isle's of the blessed, the sisters of fate appeared.
"Greetings brother" greeted Lahkesis fate of life
"Been a while hasn't it" said Atropos fate of death
"And now we see that we have a new nephew" said Clotho fate of birth as she cooed over the baby
"Sisters why have you come, as much as I love seeing you, you do not usually come to visit often" said Thanatos wearily
"Sadly we come bearing sad news" said Lahkesis sadly
"What sad news?" asked your mother worried
"You will have to give up your child," said Clotho
"WHAT?" shrieked your mother as she held your bundled form closer to her and out of Clotho's reach.
"Absolutely not, out of the question" said Thanatos sternly as he stood protectively in front of his wife and newborn.

"Brother you must understand we didn't want this, we don't even control the boys fate!" said Atropos this confused the couple.
"Then who does sister?"
"Grandmother" the three sisters said at once
"You mean Lady Chaos!" exclaimed Thanatos
"Indeed grandmother has taken an interest in him ever since he was conceived," replied Atropos
Silence was all that could be heard for a good ten minutes.
"What must we do?" asked your mother
"Leave that to us." The sisters of fate said.

"Do not worry sweet (F/N) I will protect you from that vile man" said a woman in her early 30's as she held you while she ran through a forest in eastern America. When suddenly a man stepped out from behind a tree and stabbed a knife through the woman's side.

The woman shrieked in pain but still held the child as she fell to the forest ground. The man toward over her knife held high, the woman braced for impact, but it never came, instead when she looked up she saw what must have been two dozen silver arrows protruding from the mans chest before he fell down dead. The woman breathed a sigh of relief, before a woman with auburn hair and silver eyes approached; the newcomer quickly placed the woman's head in her lap assessing the damage done.

"L-Lady Artemis" said the dying woman, Artemis looked surprised but quickly her face returned to being grim.
"Your wound is far too great for me to heal I am sorry brave one" she said, the other woman nodded before placing your sleeping form in her saviors arms.
"Please I beg of you as my final wish that you look after this baby, I know he is a male but he is too young to have wronged anyone, please make him your son, teach him to respect others and become a true man" she said her breathing sounding strained. Artemis looked at the baby I her arms, then looked back and nodded.
"He will become my one and only child, does he have a name?" she asked
"H-his name is (F/N) Ragnarok" was the woman's final sentence before she entered the realm of the dead.
Artemis sent a quick prayer to her uncle so that the woman would be taken to Elysium for her bravery. After she finished the woman's body shimmered out of existence

Then she stood and looked at the now awake child in her arms.
"Mama?" asked the child as it tilted its head. Artemis smiled fondly at him.
That is right my baby I'm your new mother" she said "Now let's go meet your new sisters" she said before walking deeper into the woods.

Little did she know she was being watched, a lone figure of a male stood in the darkness of the night between two trees and smiled gravely. "good luck my son" he said before vanishing and a flurry of smoke.