Chapter Seven: The Finale.

It was finally time, the cold dark embrace of Night had warped around the sky filling you with unyielding strength, your father stood arms outstretched to the sides staring out across into the bottomless void that surrounded this realm. From one of the palaces many balconies, eyes closed his black and dark robes falling elegantly to the floor. You stood behind him, your scythe strapped to your back ready to harvest the souls of monsters that would attack you.

"Are you ready?" came the voice of the god of death.
"Yes" was all you said and then Thanatos turned to you lowering his hands to his sides.
"When you arrive show the enemy a full view of the devastation you can cause"
"Of course I will show no mercy to those who oppose me"
"Then go" he finished as he swayed his hand and a small wormhole appeared, when Thanatos looked back his son was no longer there, in his place stood a being of the same structure but one that held immeasurable power, its hair was simply a long dark fire that stretched down its back, its skin was a dark purple, its eye sockets were filled with a pulsing violet light the same with its mouth except its dark black teeth stopped some of the light from escaping.
Its weapon the massive destructive scythe named Harvester was strapped to its back glowing a dark red as a violet flame danced around the blade.

The Deity that stood before Thanatos is the Harbinger of Death and the Champion of Death that was housed inside his son (Y/N); he smiled as he watched it walk through the wormhole before walking back to his wife.

THALIA'S P.O.V

We had finally gotten to the top of the mountain where we saw Artemis trapped under the sky with Atlas, Luke and a horde of monsters guarding her.
"Milady!" screamed Zoë as she ran to the goddess
"No Zoë it's a trap!" screamed Artemis in pain
"Listen to your mistress' words Kronos knows you didn't listen to mine, you wretched daughter" sneered Atlas
"Let her go Atlas," said Percy as he readied Riptide me getting in my battle stance beside him as well as Zoë while Grover snuck around the side towards Artemis.
"Hahaha, you puny mortals think you could face me, the only reason I don't combust your molecules into flames right now is because of the restrictions the ancient laws give me" boasted Atlas "Luke prove your worth to these worms, kill them all" he said pointing his spear at me.

I looked at Luke who walked towards us with the horde behind him. The monsters had maniacal smiles as the marched closer, soon Luke stood across from us, his sword still in its sheath.
"It doesn't have to be this way." He said
"I'm pretty sure it does," says Percy
"All you have to do is let Thalia burn that stupid animal's entrails and you'll have the power to do anything, even bring him back" said Luke looking at me, I hesitated lowering my weapons slightly.
"Y-you mean I can bring (Y/N) back?" I asked
Luke nodded "And much more" he says smiling
"Thalia snap out of it!" shouts Percy and it was then that I realize that I had walked all the way over to Luke who now stood right in front of me his signature cocky smile plastered on his face, enraged and torn between the two choices I lashed out at him thrusting my spear at him which he parried with his sword and we engaged in combat as the horde of monsters surged forward and Zoë and Percy fought them off.

Normally I would easily beat Luke but for some reason Luke's skill was inhumanly insane, after a few mere minutes he had beat me and was pointing his sword at my throat.
"I really wish you would've joined us Thalia but oh well" he boasted but as he swung his sword down a wormhole swirled into existence above us and all fighting stopped to see what was happening.

From the wormhole came a... something that looked like it should be out of a sci-fi movie with its black fiery hair and purple body, when it exited the wormhole disappeared. Atlas looked at it in curiosity before he turned t the remaining monsters that Percy and Zoe hadn't killed yet.
"Well, kill it" he boomed and the monsters began growling and cackling as they threw their weapons at the thing but instead of hitting it they all just phased right through it.
"Ha is that all your precious army can do son of Iapetus? Then this will hardly even be a work out" it said although its voice sounded like it was coming from a hundred different people all at once. "Because if it is then this will be too easy." It finished as a dark aura expanded from the being completely eradicating the weapons that were thrown at it.

The monsters all looked at the being in fear before they jumped over each other trying to get away from it, the being gave what could only be described as smile that literally stretched from ear to ear before its eyes glowed and all the monsters just turned to dust and drifted off the mountain side in the breeze. Atlas looked at the flying dust in shock and despair before looking back at the being that destroyed them only to find that it had disappeared before he was kicked to the ground from behind, he recovered quickly and turned to face the same being from before.

Then out of nowhere I heard a voice in my head that sounded a lot like (Y/N)'s voice. "Thalia, get Artemis" was all it said before it was gone and Percy and me rushed to help Grover and Zoë who were already beside Artemis.
"Artemis!" I said as we approached
"W-What is that thing?" she asked strained
"You mean you don't know?" asked Percy and we all looked over to see Luke and Atlas trying in vain to land a hit on the purple being before looking back at Artemis.
"No, nothing could be that powerful" she said before Percy spoke up
"Artemis give me the sky," he said and Artemis gave a short laugh
"I don't think you could boy," she said
"Artemis whatever that thing is it wants us to help you, it just told me to take the sky it seems it has a plan" after he said this Artemis fell quiet before speaking.
"Okay fine stand beside me and prepare yourself," she said.

Percy stood beside her and together for a moment they shared the wait of the sky together, before Artemis slipped out and then Percy's face contorted into pain as he bore the weight by himself, Grover looked at his friend but me and Zoë watched Artemis as she rushed to help the unknown deity, when she got there the purple being seemed to go into attack mode as it drew a long curved scythe and stalked towards Atlas as Artemis drew her knives and walked Luke into Atlas' back then with some unseen signal the two friendly deities attacked as one. Artemis ended up throwing Luke off the mountain much to Annabeth's protests. Who had gained consciousness and hobbled over to us. Then the unknown being picked up Atlas by the throat and hurled him at Percy who was flung out of the way leaving Atlas trapped under the sky, with a defiant roar Atlas began swearing at our group yelling curses at us before the being (I feel like im saying that a lot) that defeated him slapped him right across the face.

"Shut up ye cock" it said before it turned to us and Artemis stepped up to it.
"Who are you?" she asked and the thing pretended to look hurt as it placed its hand over where a heart should be.
"Why mum im hurt you don't recognize me" it said and in a flash of purple there standing in front of Artemis was (Y/N).
"(Y/N)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as I jumped on him and smashed my lips on his.
I could feel his shock in the kiss before he started to kiss me back as well; Zoë crying out in pain interrupted us.

(Y/N) shot up out of my embrace and rushed to Zoë and was soon joined by Artemis. "Zoë" was all (Y/N) but I could see the cascading down his face.
"B-Brother I-is that really you?" stammered Zoë as she placed her hand on his cheek
"It's me big sis, it's me im back" he said his voice cracking as he held her hand; this caused Zoë to smile then turn to Artemis.
"My Lady have I served thee well?" she asked and Artemis nodded
"The best of my hunters Zoë" she said
"The stars, they are so beautiful," said Zoë her breath strained
"Yes the stars are beautiful tonight," said Artemis as tears leaked from her silver eyes
"S-s-so beautiful" she strained before her body went limb still staring at the starry sky. (Y/N) immediately broke down in tears as Artemis wrapped in her embrace and I came and comforted the both of them silent tears streaming out my eyes.

After the grieving stopped Artemis put Zoë in the sky as a constellation and drove us back to Olympus in her chariot where we walked in on an Olympian meeting.
"Artemis, are you alright?" was the first thing that was asked by Zeus
"Yes father I am fine thanks to these heroes" said Artemis rising to her full height and sitting on her throne.
"Yes I believe we have these heroes to thank for a lot but first. (Y/N) who do you explain dying then coming back?" asked Zeus
"Not to mention that you can turn into that deity unimaginable power" finished Athena
"I'm only saying this now because I am able to. I am the first, only and last son of Thanatos, his champion and Harbinger of Death," he said and everyone gasped
"Impossible that dumb death god can't have children," boasted Ares this caused (Y/N)'s hair to burst into flames
"You will respect a Primordial son of Nyx War God" he spat and I could feel his power bearing down on me
"(Y/N)!" said Artemis and his hair returned too normal and he looked straight at Zeus.
"When I had supposedly died my Father, Thanatos, Brought me to his secret palace where he taught me to use my powers which allowed me to turn into that thing" he said.
"And where is your Fathers Palace?" asked Athena to which (Y/N) smirked
"That's where the word secret comes into play" he said causing Poseidon to laugh.

The meeting continued as such the gods talked about (Y/N) and whether or not to kill him, Percy and me before Artemis spoke up again.
"The also seems like there is an opening for my new lieutenant. And I have decided the best possible person would be your daughter.... Uncle Hades" she said shocking Hades who agreed nonetheless.
"Excuse me lady Artemis," I said and all heads turned to me
"Yes Thalia?" she asked
"I was wondering if I could also join," I say and I saw his eyebrow rise and (Y/N)'s head to drop.
"But I thought if that kiss on the mountain is anything to go by that you had feelings for my son?" she replied
"But the oath doesn't stop Hunters having love interest with other Hunters and in this aspect could we just say your son is a Hunter?" I asked timidly as I saw (Y/N)'s face crack into a smile as he looked pleadingly at his mum who sighed and nodded.

Bonus:

A few months after that quest and you and Thalia were relaxing on a cliff over looking the Hunters camp, Thalia's head was resting on your head, she had decided to grow her hair out a little so it now went just below her shoulders.
"I Love you (Y/N)" she said which shocked you because Thalia wasn't usually one to say those kinds of things randomly but you wasted no time in replying.
"Love you too Princess" you say and you feel her nuzzle closer to your neck because even though she might say she doesn't like those kind of names she loves them.
"Love you too cub" you call over your shoulder and Jackie slumped down beside you making you and Thalia laugh as you scratched Jackie's ears.