Chapter Six.

Zoë took the lead as she walked through the junkyard; the junkyard itself was full of mountains of all manner of things, once you even saw a life-sized dune buggy hidden in one of the mountains of junk. You were almost half way through when the junk started to shake.

"Who took something?" yelled Zoë as she looked at Grover
"Why you looking at me?" he bleated
"Because you probably ate something" you say and he bleats again.
Suddenly one of the mountains erupt into a shower off metal you took cover behind a shell of a broken tank, when it stopped you looked out from your cover to find a massive bronze robot.
"It's Talos!" you shout
"No impossible it must be a prototype" said Zoe beside you
"Does it matter its still gonna squish us if we don't squish it" you growl and Zoë nods. Together you exit your cover and begin raining arrows on to the robot, however it seemed to do little as it went after Percy and Thalia who were stabbing it's feet, you notched a red arrow and held your breath as you drew back the string, you exhaled as you let go and watched the arrow fly, straight into Talos' eye the arrow exploded as it made contact with the robot's green eye, it roared or more like screeched as it fell on its ass. But it stood back up as quickly as it fell.

Percy, Grover and Thalia fell back and Percy ended up beside you.
"There's a maintenance hatch on the bottom of his right foot, I'm gonna try and get to it." He said as he readied his sword, you grabbed his shoulder before he tried to run it. You slung your bow on your back.
"I'll go" you say
"What n-"
"Percy stop, listen you have to live, because if something happens to Thalia then you'll have to defeat Kronos, but first you have to save my mother" then you sprinted towards the robot who had lifted its foot and you saw the hatch, you brought up your ring and it changed into your scythe, but the head had changed so it formed a spear, when the giants foot came crashing down you opened up an opening and were soon inside the robot. Quickly you began pulling wires and cogs, soon you went higher and found a glowing red sphere and you pulled it hard dethatching it from the wires, the electricity scorched your body and you soon lost unconscious, the last thing you heard was Thalia crying and yelling your name.

when you came around again you were laying in quite possibly the most comfy bed you had ever slept in, you sat up and the sheets fell of your chest, you swung your legs out of bed and heard scratching at the door, and in came a big burly brown bear, you stood up instantly as the bear came closer, but it did not attack and instead nuzzled its head against yours, that's when you noticed its eyes, dark yet mischievous.
"Mama bear" you breathe and you hug her form tightly.
"Yes I brought her here after that day" came a familiar voice from the doorway.
You look to see your father leaning against the doorframe.
"Dad" you say and you hug him and he returns the embrace "Does this mean I'm dead?" you question
"No but you were very close to it" he said "But enough of the dreary stuff your mother wants to meet you" he says
"My... Mother"
"Yes your birth mother"
And so your father leads you through the halls of... wherever you were, you marveled at the décor, paintings, suits of armor and bookshelves were neatly arranged in every hall and eventually Thanatos opened a big set of double doors that opened up to a big room with three thrones at a far end and at three long tables that were in the middle of the room sat a... horde of warriors and men in multi colored robes digging in to a great looking feast. Thanatos lead you to the thrones where a beautiful woman in a white gown nibbling on a slice of pie. She stopped once her eyes came to rest on you and she dropped her pie, she looked to Thanatos who nodded and she rushed at you.
"Oh my Baby boy is back" she gushed as tears streamed from her eyes and she embraced you tightly
"Mum" you cried softly as you embraced her just as tight.

After mother and son had their reunion she led you to the thrones and sat you in the one next to the biggest while she sat on the other side of it. Thanatos stood up and addressed the crowed of people who were feasting.
"TONIGHT MY SON HAS RETURNED TO US, HE HAS BEEN SEATED AT MY RIGHT HAND AS WAS HIS BIRTH RIGHT" he shouted
"HURAHHH!" was the shout of approval
"HE WILL BE MY HARBINGER OF DEATH, MY CHOSEN CHAMPION, BUT ALSO THE CHAMPION OF MY MOTHER NYX!" continued Thanatos, the last sentence surprised you, Nyx the primordial of Night wanted to make you her champion.
"Yes I do my grandson" said a voice inside your head
"N-Nyx?" you thought
"Indeed my child's child, I have watched you grow since Artemis took you, watching over you and protecting you"
"B-but I am not worthy"
"Nonsense my child's child you are most worthy now take this power it is yours" she finished and you saw Thanatos pointed at you and Black and Purple flames enveloped your body.

Once the flames dispersed the audience cheered and clapped, while you noticed the black flames surrounded your hands you concentrated and the disappeared, your mother smiled and handed you a mirror, looking into it you saw that around your eyes was a glowing metallic black aura while your silver eyes had changed so the pupil was silver while the normally colored part was black.
You gasped at the new look but when your mother placed her hand on your arm you smiled at her, Thanatos sat down at the big throne and then ghosts brought you food and drink on obsidian plates.
After the feast your parents brought you to a more relaxing room where you talked for ages.

"So tell me everything" said your mother as soon as you sat down, and so you proceeded to tell her everything, all the mischief, all the pranks and all the adventures.
"And speaking of adventures I just got taken away from one" you say
"Yes well the prophecy said Lost in the land without rain" began Thanatos
"It didn't say died nor did it specify a time in which said person will be found" finished your mother
"You mean I can go back?" you asked
"And save Artemis, your other mother" smiled your birth mother
"Mum I" you began but she cut you off
"Don't worry about it, I am happy that Artemis took you in and made you the great man that you are now"
"Thanks mum"
"For now you will rest and recover and not to worry we will help your friends as much as we can until you get back," said Thanatos
"Thank you father," you say and he claps you on the back
"Anything for the first Prince of Death" he booms
"Is that my official title now?" you asked sarcastically
"Along with Harbinger of death and Champion of Night" snickered your mum
"Oh great add Son of Artemis to that list as well" you groaned.

You awoke the next day feeling well rested and relaxed, you swung your legs out of bed and saw that on one of the chairs in your room was a pair of black and silver jeans and a matching t-shirt. You got dressed and headed out the door where a girl who looked to be about a year older than you dressed in a white maids outfit was waiting.
""My Prince" she said as she bowed "My king Thanatos is expecting
"Okay lets go and please don't call me prince" you say as she leads you down the halls.
"Yes sir sorry sir, here is the room sir" she said before she scurried off down the halls, you sigh before opening the big double doors that she had taken you to and once inside you saw a lady with long black hair that was flowing on its own accord, her dress was complete shadow and looked very tight fitting as it accented her curves nicely.
"Hello my grandchild" she said as she saw you enter
"Hello grandmother" you say politely as you sit opposite her and she smiles at you.
"How are you doing my child's child?" she asked
"I am doing good, why are you here?"
"I am here to tell you what to expect when you go back to the realm of Earth."
"You mean we aren't on Earth!" you exclaim
"Indeed, now when you get back you'll be at the beginning of a battle to rescue your mother, when you go back to Olympus you are to tell the Olympians that you are Thanatos' son but you will not tell them that you are my champion nor will you tell them that you are prince of this dimension of death"
"Alright I can do that... Grandmother do you know if my mum is going to be okay?" you asked timidly and Nyx gave you a look of pity
"I'm afraid I cannot tell you I wish I could believe me" she said
"I understand" you say sadly, and Nyx lightly pulled your chin up so you would look at her.
"But I'll be watching and helping any way I can" she smiled
"Thank you grandma"
"Your welcome now run along and go find your father" she laughed as you nodded and dashed out the room to find something to do until tonight.