7: Genetic Experiments

An Imperial fleet covered the sky of the planet Kamino, while Tie Fighters landed on various bridges of a large scientific complex. The Emperor's personal transport landed on the main bay, and from it descended a figure dressed in black. He was accompanied by his renowned special forces.
The figure entered the building along with his squadron, and they found a terrified Kaminoan holding a blaster pistol.

"We no longer... receive Imperials here."

The Emperor slowly raised his pale hand, squeezing the scientist's neck.

"Where's the Prime Minister?"

"Ugh... He is a prisoner of your government."

Palpatine slowly fixed his gaze on an Imperial officer, who did not hesitate to speak:

"Lama Su, sir. He was the head of the ruling council of the planet colony governors."

Palpatine released his victim's neck. The officer felt drops of sweat dripping down his face as he mentally congratulated himself for knowing this information.

"Current situation?"

"He is imprisoned in The Spire, my Lord."

"All right. Send a squadron to take him out of his cell and bring him to me. I want him here and now."

"Understood, sir. But what do we do with this kaminoan?"

"Execute him."

The scientist opened his eyes in astonishment, shaking more than he already did.

"No, please... I have a family. I'm the only one who can protect them."

"Then bring his family and have them observe it."

The Emperor quickly retreated to the main bay to wait for the Prime Minister, as he heard the echo of the scientist's cries through the luminous hallway.

After two hours, a transport landed in front of the Emperor. Stygeon Prison guards descended from the ship, escorting the Kaminoan prisoner. They released his handcuffs and watched his encounter with the greatest figure in the Empire.

"Lama Su. Now I remember your name, but the others don't. That should work."

"Get to the point. Why am I here?"

"You're a renowned scientist, an expert in organic genetics and my perfect servant from now on."

"Servant? We don't serve anyone. Our species is peaceful, but yours isn't. Yet you already got what you wanted; now what would you have left to take away from us?"

"Stop wasting valuable work time."

"What would a Dark Lord of the Sith need?"

The Emperor stared at Lama Su, and his eyes were on fire.

"Modified babies, to be precise."