Chapter 4 - Love

I got a call once we got back to the house.

"Hello?" I said.

"Look, thanks for everything you've done. Your a great friend." Launi said.

"What!?" I said.

"Goodbye Gracie I love you." She said back to me.

Launi hung up and I immediately knew what she was talking about.

Suicide.

I rushed over with the boys riding our bikes as fast as we could.

I burst through the door and opened the bathroom door with the boys following.

She looked lifeless.

Her eyes were closed and some of her cuts had stopped bleeding .

She was in a bra and underwear as if she knew we were coming.

Near her was a note.

Bill quickly grabbed it and began reading it.

"Dear Gracie, Beverly, and the boys

I know you found me. That's why I wore a b-b-bathing suit or whatever this is. It may seem completely s-s-selfish what I'm doing." Bill started to cry so Stan took it.

"But it's better this way. Believe me if you could read my mind you'd be in tears. So since I'm probably never going to see you again."

"GUYS WE HAVE TO TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL." Mike yelled cutting Stan off.

We looked at him, he was right.

The note was a distraction.

The boys grabbed Launi's almost lifeless body as I grabbed the key to one of the cars in her parking lot.

We entered the largest the boys looked nervous as I entered the key into the engine.

"Don't worry I've done this before." I looked at the passenger seat which was empty.

I looked behind me the boys crying as Mike held her lifeless body.

I was pulling out of the driveway and saw the ambulances getting out of the car with the stretch.

We all got outside while they took her in the ambulance.

We followed behind them and all pulled in the car.

We finally got to the hospital.

They rushed her inside and told the people at the front desk what happened.

We all sat down and waited for the doctor to come out and tell us if she's alive.

"So maybe we could finish the note?" Richie suggested.

Stan took it out and began to read again.

"Stanley. You were my little Jew and if I am with God than its most likely because of you. You taught me why hurricanes were named after people I love y-you" He started getting choked up so he passed it to Mike.

"Mikey my little farmer. I truly just want to apologize for everything the Bowers gang did too you. Its my fault I could've stopped them. Im s-so sorry I l-love you" With tears streaming down his face.

He passed it to Richie.

"Richie my comic relief. Turns out you were right. I couldn't make it through the big bad world acting the way I was. You brang reality back to me. You saw through the thousands of layers and figured out who I really was. I love you" He cried as well, and he passed it too Eddie.