~6~

Christian's POV

Our bond. It brought me to the woods. Our bond is getting weaker.

I don't want you to die.

I was scared. For her.

Our faint bond brought me to a tree.

I smelt blood. A lot of it.

I gasped at what I saw on the other side of the tree.

Allie. Slit wrists, beaten, and...naked.

I sped towards her.

I tried to focus my energy on her to heal her but, it only half worked. So I decided to do something that I haven't done for a human in years.

I bit my wrist and held it to her mouth.

"Please. Drink Allie." I whispered.

She wasn't drinking. So I did the only thing I could. I pried her mouth open and made her drink.

She started drinking herself after a minute and I could feel our bond getting stronger.

She finally opened her eyes and had a coughing fit.

Allie looked at me.

"What the hell did you do!? I was ready to die!" She screamed.

What?

"Why? Why did you want to die?" I asked softly while caressing her cheek.

"I'm tired of my life." She whispered.

What's so bad that would make her want to die?

"Allie, who did this to you?" I asked her.

"I  can't go through that again. I don't want him to know I'm alive. Please just kill me or I'll do it myself." she looked at me with teary eyes.

" I don't want you to die, Allie." I said.

She looked so pitiful. All I wanted to do was take her in my arms and make everything better.

I took her face in my hands and gently kissed her lips. My kiss was like the whisper of a butterfly, soft and amazing.

After a second, she responded. As our lips moved in sync, I felt her cheeks become wet.

She pulled away with tears running down her cheeks.

"Please tell me this is real." she whispered.

"It's real, baby." I whispered.

"I just need to know something, baby. Who did this to you?" I asked looking at the now-closed wound on her wrists. They were slowly healing along with the bruises and cuts.

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't. I don't want it to happen again."

"I promise it won't. I'll protect you.." I caressed her cheek again.

"How?" Allie asked as her voice broke at the end of her sentence. 

"Allie, I can't tell you now, but I will eventually. I promise." I smiled at her. My heart racing as I ached to kiss her again. But I promised myself I would take it slow. I don't want to scare her. She's human. I'm not.

"What did you do?" she looked surprised as she looked at her closed wounds.

I looked into Allie's eyes. I hated to compel her but I had no choice.

"Forget I did anything to you. Tell me who did this and what happened from your knowledge."

She looked at me.

"My father. Last night, he took my virginity, I ran away. He's abused me for six years, I've had enough. He sent me a message early this morning and said he was going to kill me when he saw me. He said he was going to fuck my brains out, beat the shit out of me, slit my wrists and let me lay there in my own agony. And that's what he did."

All I saw was red.

How dare he hurt my mate!? He has no right! Six years? Why didn't she tell me; I'm her mate!

Because she didn't know. She doesn't trust you.

Oh, shut up, subconscious.

I pulled Allie into my arms and chanted a few ancient words under my breath to put her to sleep.

She instantly fell asleep.

"No one can hurt you now."

**

Allie's POV

I woke up on a bed, and I know it wasn't mine because the smell of men's cologne was all around me.

I sat up and looked around. This room was completely unfamiliar to me.

Just then, the door opened and Christian walked through.

"How long have you been up?" he asked me.

"Not long." I answered. "Why am I here, Christian?"

"Because I will not let you go back to your father, ever. He will not touch you, go near you, or even look at you or so help me, God, he won't have any eyes left. I told you I would protect you and I will keep that promise."

No one has ever wanted to protect me. Hardly anyone wants to be nice to me.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I asked him.

He visibly swallowed.

"Well..it's complicated."

"Uncomplicate it."

"I like you, obviously. I wouldn't do this for just anyone...I'll tell you all of it someday. Just not today." He came up to me.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me against him. I looked up into his eyes and an unfamiliar emotion flickered in his eyes. But, it was gone before I could tell what it is.

"So beautiful.." he whispered.

Without warning, he crashed his lips on mine and took me by surprise.

My body responded immediately without my brain realizing it.

He pulled back and looked me in the eyes.

"Allie Dennison, what are you doing to me?"