Chapter Seven: The Newest Member in the FFA

I had to wake up at six and leave the house by 7:30, I've never woken up that early for a school day. I was a little cranky. Farrah picked me up at 7:31, her car smelt terrible. Anna and Cole were seated in the car as well. 

"Ready for your first day of school?" Anna asked. 

"Do I look ready?" I asked. She examined my clothes and smiled. I was wearing a black skirt with a floral sleeveless top, my hair was in two dutch braids. I want to come off as friendly, but intimidating at the same time.

"Just hope Mr. Berkley doesn't dress code you." Cole laughed. 

"Who's Mr. Berkley?" I asked. 

"The vice principal, he's really strict." Farrah answered. I looked at Anna, she smiled. 

"Don't worry. Just stay out of his way, he's the only one that dress codes people." Anna reassured me. 

"Okay." 

"Just stay by me or Cole and you'll be good." Cole gave me the eye, when Anna said that. I wasn't sure if Cole liked me, but I do know he hasn't forgiven me for the way I treated Anna. 

"If you can't find them, find me." Farrah instructed. 

"Got it. Thank you." In 15 minutes we pulled into the school. 

"Most people that we go to school with goes to church with us, more or less. The other people are either Jewish, Mormon, or atheist." Anna told me. I saw the boy she was looking at during church. 

"There's the guy you have a crush on." I whispered.

"Shh!" she told me. Cole walked over to him. 

"Do you have a crush on your brother's best friend?" I asked.

"Just friend and shh!" she answered. 

"What is his name?" I asked. 

"George Watson." 

"He's cute."

"I know! He's a gentleman too and he's on the football team." 

"Keeper." Anna nodded. 

"Have you spoken to him?"

"Oh God no! I get to shy. I can barely speak to him when he comes over." 

"Really?"

"I don't want to say the wrong thing."

"Well you'll get farther saying the wrong thing, rather than nothing." Anna waved Leslie down, we walked over to a group of people. 

"Are you Anna's cousin from Bel Air?" a boy with glasses asked me. 

"Harriet Grimm, a pleasure to meet you." I introduced. I shock his hand. 

"She sounds Californian!" another boy shouted. 

"How do you sound Californian?" Anna asked.

"She sounds like your mom." the second boy told her. 

"They are both from California." Anna reminded them. 

"Exactly." the first boy. 

"Are you two going to introduce yourselves or...?" I asked. 

"Right. I'm Jimmy Sparks." the first one said. 

"And I'm Howard Luke." the second one introduced. Leslie walked over with another boy and two girls. 

"Hi, Harriet!" Leslie greeted. 

"Hello." I greeted. 

"I don't think you met my brother, Barry." Leslie said. The two did not look alike.