Then I Saw Her Face

Malia walked through the door of Beacon Hills High School with her best friends Stiles and Kira.
The two people in the world who weren't scared of her.
If only she could get the remaining members of the Hale pack to be afraid of her. They were lurking in shadowy corners like they thought she couldn't see them.
"What's wrong?" Kira asked.
"Nothing." Malia said.
"You...just rolled your eyes."
Stiles said.
"It's nothing. I just saw someone I don't like. Kira did you study for that math test today?" Malia asked.
"Of course she did. It's Kira."
Stiles scoffed.
"And I get straight A's thank you." Kira said. They both nodded in agreement. "You didn't study at all, did you?" Kira laughed.
"Not a lick. Stiles. There's your girl." Malia nudged Stiles as Lydia Martin walked by. The prettiest, smartest most popular girl in school so of course Stiles was in love with her.
"Hi, Lydia. You look amazing." Stiles complimented as he chased behind her. Malia rolled her eyes.
"Obvi." Lydia said and continued walking. Stiles stood in awe.
"She spoke to me..." Stiles said.
"Seek professional help, Stilinski." Malia said pulling him along.
"You are freakishly strong!"
Stiles exclaimed.
"Lots of milk and veggies." Malia said.
"Anything you say, girl." Kira said as they made their way to Math class.

It was at History that they met.
Future power couple, Scott and Malia.
"Class, this is our new transfer, Scott McCall. Coming all the way from D.C. so make him feel welcomed." Mr Yukimura said kindly. "You can sit at that empty seat next to Malia."
"Hi." Scott said shyly. Malia put her head on the desk and pointed to the board. Her eyes changed. His did too.
"I think our girl is shy." Stiles teased.
"Mr Stilinski!" A warning to shut up and pay attention. Something he heeded too.
Scott was in their chem lab too.
So at lunch, the group made it official.
"Hey, new kid. Come sit with us." Stiles invited warmly. Scott smiled and sat down with them to be interrogated.
"So, if you came from an awesome place like Washington DC, why move to this pathetic hole in the wall?" Stiles asked. Kira hit him.
"Well...It's where my mom lives, so..." Scott laughed. Kira apologized for Stiles. "It's okay. I usually spend the summers with her but there was something missing so I moved here to find it. I've always liked it here."
Scott said. "And I'm looking for someone." Scott added.
"A man on a mission. I like it."
Stiles said.
"Stiles, your gay is showing."
Kira said jokingly.
"I said nothing gay. Shut up."
Stiles pouted.
"The way you said it makes it sound like you already have a huge guy crush on him." Kira teased.
"You guys are hilarious." Scott laughed. He looked at Malia. "Does she talk at all?" Scott asked.
"Constantly. Strangers make her uncomfortable." Kira said.
"I'm not that strange. I'm nice. I promise." Scott said touching her arm. An action that caused two muscly men too put a death grip on his hands. Crushing them. "Uh..."
"Is he hurting you?" The bigger asked.
"Do we need to dispose of him?" The smaller questioned.
"Boyd...Isaac. Do I look in danger?" Malia asked calmly.
"No but he was touching you." Isaac said squeezing his wrists.
"Gently. No mal intent. Calm the roids and let him go." Malia said.
"As you wish, Ms Hale." Boyd said and they released him. "We're here if__"
"I won't but thank you. And don't...call me Hale in school. Please?"
Malia requested. Rubbing her temple.
"Anything you want...Milady." Isaac said with a small boy.
"Go. Go go go." Malia shooed. They nodded and left seconds later.
"Girl, what was that?!" Kira asked.
"Who was that? How do you know those freaks?" Stiles asked.
"Why did she call you Hale?" Kira asked nervously.
"Friends of my older cousin that he sends to babysit me. As for why they call me Hale...I really don't want to get into it, so let's just pretend it didn't happen. Are you okay, Scott? I'm sorry about them." Malia apologized.
"It's fine. They were protecting you.
They didn't hurt me that bad." Scott smiled. Malia nodded. And per her request, they changed the subject.
But Scott secretly didn't let it go.
He couldn't. If his suspicions were correct. So after school, he waited for her to part ways with her friends and followed her. Why she was walking alone was beyond him.
"Are you going to follow me all the way home like a stray puppy...Scott?" Malia asked. Looking straight ahead.
"So you know I was there?"
Scott asked.
"Duh. What do you want?" Malia asked stopping to look at him.
"An Alpha." Scott said.
"Wrong girl." Malia said.
"I don't think so. How else do you explain why those guys called you
Ms Hale? Or the red glowing eyes?" Scott asked. "You're one of them.
A Hale. The Hierarchy of the werewolf world. I found you." Scott said.
"Look. I'm not your girl, alright.
Go home." Malia said.
"I'm sorry about your family." Scott said. Back turned to leave.
"Me too." Malia said and kept walking. Scott was going to her to confess. He loves a challenge.