Terms Of Agreement

Malia rolled out of bed at 9:00 on a Sunday. Stretching and yawning before hitting the shower.

Derek paced frantically as he waited until the meeting which started at 10:00 A.M.

9:45; Malia started heading there after hearty meal. Taking her time.

Derek was throwing up at this point.
"I've never seen him like this before." Erica whispered to Boyd.
"I know. So sad." Boyd replied.
"I can still hear you!" Derek roared hoarsely. Isaac, Erica and Boyd tried not to laugh. Fearing for their lives.

10:01 A.M; Malia stopped for
ice cream. Pretending she didn't notice Scott trailing her.

10:15; Derek was in full panic mode.
"She's 15 minutes late. Where the hell is she?!" Derek demanded.
"Here. Sorry I'm late. I stopped for
ice cream." She wasn't really sorry.
"Thank you for coming." Derek said.
"Sure. Let's get this over with." Malia sighed. "You can come inside, Scott."
"You knew I was there?" Scott asked.
"Obviously. Hey, puppies." Malia said addressing Derek's Betas before settling in on the dusty couch.
"How do you want to do this?"
Derek asked. Scott sat next to her.
"You go first. Tell me what you want." Malia said firmly.
"Simple. I want you to take over. Be the Alpha. So other packs will see us strong and won't try to come for us." Derek explained.
"You're an Alpha. You're Talia's son. Why can't you do it?" Malia asked.
"Because..." Derek couldn't say it.
"He's hot tempered." Boyd said.
"And impatient." Erica added.
"Terrible leadership qualities." Isaac continued. Malia laughed.
"Thank you...But what makes you think I have any of those qualities?" Malia asked. Derek took a breath.
"Because I saw you grow up. You're kind. Patient...Tough but fair.
You rule with grace, which is why so many people respect you." Derek said.
"Except I've never ruled before. And being ruler of my imaginary kingdom when I was five...doesn't count." Malia said sarcastically. Scott smiled.
"But the boys respected you enough to play along. Everyone did."
Derek said. "You were a mini Talia."
"You guys just felt sorry for me. My mom didn't want me and my dad didn't think I served a purpose." Malia said. "Would you even take me seriously if Talia didn't tell you to?"
"Of course I would. You're my baby cousin. I love you." Derek said.
"I love you too but this isn't a game and I'm not a baby anymore. This is a pack we're talking about and I can't afford to screw up!" Malia stressed.
"The fact that you understand the seriousness of the situation, means you're ready. And you protected me.
A total stranger. Because you're just that big hearted." Scott said passionately. Malia groaned.
"We need you, Malia. Please?" Derek plead. Malia ran her fingers
through her hair.
"I'm outnumbered here. Fine. I'll do it but I'll do it my way." Malia said.
"Done. Anything you want."
Derek said.
"To start; Get them to stop following me." Malia said referring to the Betas.
"Done. What else?" Derek asked.
"You need to be my eyes and ears because I don't actually know what's happening. What with school and all." Malia said. Derek agreed. "Since we're both Alphas, you'll be my second in command in the event that I can't perform my duties. Lastly...we need to expand our already limited pack."
"Make more Betas?" Derek asked.
"Yes. Adopting Omegas. Maybe even humans...Because seven people...just won't cut it." Malia said.
"We have a little more than seven." Derek said.
How many more than seven?