Another One

The next day, Malia left for school, only to be met by Derek and his pack.
"What?" Malia asked annoyed.
"Have you given it any thought?" Derek asked. Malia walked pass him.
"You've been asking me that same question for four years now. The answer is still no. Leave!"
Malia groaned.
"We're family. Can't do it." Derek said.
"Then I quit." Malia said.
"You can't quit family." Derek said.
"Watch me." Malia said and ran off. Derek groaned and ran after her.
"Is it wrong that I think she's hot?" Isaac asked. Boyd and Erica both looked at him wondering if he was dropped on his head as a baby.
"Boyd, Isaac. Erica!" Derek bellowed. The three caught up.
"See? You got this Alpha thing down. Pack's all yours. Bye." Malia hopped in Stiles' jeep. In the back with Kira.
"So are you ever going to tell us who those people are?" Kira asked.
"Nope. Got me breakfast?"
Malia asked. Kira rolled her eyes.
"You're pathetic" Kira laughed and handed her a brown paper bag with Japanese styled bagel.
Disgusting for most but Malia loved it. Stiles bitched about eating in his jeep.
They got to school just in time to see Scott hop off his bike.
"Hey, Scott. Wanna walk in with us?" Kira invited.
"No he doesn't." Malia said.
"Yes I do." Scott said and caught up with them. "Hi, Malia."
"Sup?" Was all the greeting she gave.
"Don't let her fool you. Malia is a sweetheart." Stiles assured.
"Don't listen to him, his dad dropped him when he was a baby." Malia said.
"Well now I don't know what to believe." Scott said jokingly.
"Hi, McCall." Lydia said flirtatiously as she passed with Allison.
"Hey." Scott said casually and went into his locker.
"How do you do that?" Stiles asked.
"Do what?" Scott asked.
"Get Lydia to talk to you?" Stiles asked. Scott shrugged.
"I don't know. I was there. She said hi." Scott said casually and they kept walking. But Stiles kept bugging him about it. "Okay. I'll tell you my big secret if you tell me how to
get Malia to like me." Scott said softly.
"One word and I'll pull your spine through your nostril."
Malia threatened. Stiles made a zipping motion and kept quiet.
Scott went to his own class.
Everyone was giving Malia apprehensive looks all morning.
In the hall before History, everyone cleared a path for her.
Some basketball jock almost hit her while playing with his dumb friends.
"I swear on my Ancestors if you had only hit me with that thing I would end you." Malia threatened.
"Dang, little mama. I'm sorry. Let me take you out to dinner to make it up to you." He said flirtatiously.
"That's sweet but I'm gonna pass." Malia said. And kept walking.
He grabbed Malia's arm and
Scott grabbed him.
"Don't grab her like that." Scott said.
"She wasn't all that anyway." Basketball lied and left with his bruised ego.
"Well done sir. You defended our girl. You are officially one of us." Stiles said happily. "Don't even argue.
"Thanks. I had it but thanks." Malia said smiling. Stiles and Kira looked at Malia smiling then looked at each other. Nodding.

Boyd, Isaac and Erica approached Scott after school.
"Look. I really don't want to fight." Scott said tiredly.
"Good. We're not looking for one." Boyd said. Scott relaxed.
"What is it then?" Scott asked.
"We saw how you protected Malia. We're grateful but still cautious. Who are you? What do you want with her?" Isaac asked.
"I just wanted a pack, man. The strongest but she hates me." Scott said defeated.
"Well she hasn't broken your kneecaps so...she actually kinda likes you. Just...keep trying. We need a leader and fast." Erica said urgently.
"Why is it so important to you guys?" Scott asked.
"Because if she doesn't other packs will come for us." Erica said.
"We're weak as it is. We don't need it broadcasted. Talk to her." Boyd plead.
"I'm trying." Scott sighed and hopped back on his bike. Now 15 minutes late for his first day working at the animal clinic.