Chapter 3:

Cheara

"Welcome to Ardenossa, visitor"

WHAT!?

"C-come again?"

Her smile widen and then she slowly walked to the window with thick rose coloured curtain. She suddenly opened it blinding my eyes momentarily.

"WELCOME TO ARDENOSSA!!"

I open my mouth to speak but no words came out so I close it back. There are lots of questions flooding my mind like why am I in this place? Am I supposed to be in my bed right now?

"Are you okay, my dear?" She asked. I eyed her and realized I haven't got her name yet.

"Who are you?" I think she was taken aback at my question.

"Oh right, where are my manners. Well, the name's Lilith. No surname just Lilith. They call me Madam here though." She shrug off and I don't really mind.

So what if she's a madam. I am so not into movies where you will scream the word madam and then she would smile knowingly. I beg to differ.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I look up and realize I spaced out.

"Oh sorry, what was it again?"

"Well, first things first. Now I have given my name but I believe I have not known yours" she smiled at me.

"Oh yeah. . . Yeah I believe so." I said nodding. She chuckle a little and move towards me.

"So your name--?"

"I'm. . . I'm C.A! Yeah just C.A!" I answered her but come on. Seriously?? C.A? Oh please Cheara just go and die.

"Oh! Uh does it have any specific meaning of it? Or it is really your name?" She asked bewildered on to why my name is just initials. I gulp thinking what to answer.

"Its. . . Actually. . . Um. . . Uh. . . A. . . Cia!! Yup it is! I mean-- hahahahaha like you know you see I. . .I . . . I don't like 'I' so C.A it is!" What a joke. Seriously Cheara, go die.

"Well its a nice name. Now, how about let's go downstairs and eat breakfast. Lawry Pig is on season today. Its delicious, mm? So there's the bathroom, do what you have to do, okay? Bye sweetie" then she bid goodbye.

I was on my way to the bathroom when I forgot to ask for extra clothes and towel. I have no other choice but to survey the room and search for the things I need.

After a minute or so, I've found them and directly head to the bathroom. It is medium size and had refreshing scent. The tiles are arctic blue with diamond design. To the right is a mini cabinet. Inside are the toothpaste, toothbrush and etcetera.

When I'm done I immediately let myself out of this room and was actually greet by a huge staircase just a few steps to the right from where I am. On my left were five other doors with extra large size and approximately seven meters in between. On the right were three huge doors and a little cute one. I also notice that the walls are different. It is actually ranging from frost white to porcelain white. Oh and no windows too. How wierd.

I made my way downstairs and saw lots of porcelain dolls that is moving. The F! What are they, robot porcelain dolls? Then all of a sudden, all of them, which is actually fifteen or so, looked at me.

"Are you miss C.A? Madam told us to lead you to the kitchen. It is this way miss." They told me with their teeny tiny cute little voice that made a shiver run through my spine. I almost shrieked when they start talking. Thank goodness I didn't.

"O-oh! Um" okay. I am lost at words. What am I going to say? That I am C.A but like duh. They already told me which way to the kitchen.

" Thanks I guess!" I said but they just ignored me. How rude. Cute little rude porcelain dolls. Mmph! I walked to the direction of the kitchen and immediately greet by a smell of something delicious.

Without my notice, I put my right hand on my mouth, thinking that I may have drooled over just by the smell of this something.

"Oh there you are! Come, little one, eat." She said making me raise my left eyebrow. Just because she's tall doesn't mean I'm little. But I sat down anyway. I am hungry.

"So. . . What is this. . . Um. . . Food?" OM--G!! is this the something I smelled earlier??

It's disgusting. Sure it smells good but the appearance well not so convincing. Its like a huge furball colored black with some sticky substance that looks like. . . Um sauce?? And this thing is surrounded by-- I really do think it is weeds or grass, whichever you prefer. I slowly look at her with fake smile but if she look straight in my eyes she'll know that I am currently begging for her to change the main course.

"Smells good, yeah? This is Lawry Pig fried whole. When the Pigs skin touch a bit of heat it will produce this sauce. It is somewhat sweet. Come on try it" she said enthusiastically.

Oh god please don't. Last time I check I'm still human. HUMAN! not some unknown creature (or cute porcelain dolls) who would likely eat this. . . Thing. I open my mouth to speak and decline her offer to eat but my stomach disagreed. I close my mouth and get hold of the spoon and fork. I slowly stabbed the thing to get a portion of it but the sticky thing made a disgusting sound that makes me want to puke.

"Go on" she persuaded. I gulped while looking at it. This is the worst day of my life. Starting today, I loathe Lawry Pigs. I immediately ate it and I swear my eyes shines.

"Holy Cow!! Its delicious." Okay. I changed my mind. Starting today, I love gross things.

"Told you." She said and take a portion too.

We ate in peace or so I thought until she started rumbling about pigs, porcelains and did I mention pigs??

"By the way, I'm going to Ardenossa Proper this afternoon, do you want to come?" She's being kind right now so I decided to agree with her.

She made me wear a faded blue winter coat, thick cottony white gloves and brown animal-skinned boots that goes to my knees. She said its very cold outside. And yup its true. Eventhough the sun seems scorching today, I think it brings the opposite to this town.

We visit lots of pig farms and stores. Our last destination seems to be this clothing store. Its quiet cozy here and Lilith was happily chatting with her friend I guess while I am here being forgotten. Hello! I'm your company here. Moving on, I continue strolling and fitting clothes when all of a sudden a bell rang. Lilith and . . . Um Lilith's friend looked shocked. She then rushed to me, grab my hand and pull me outside the store.

"Let's go! We should be home before it rings the second time." I looked confuse and the people around who seem to panicked as well like Lilith didn't help at all.

"What's going on??"

"I'll explain later. Just follow me!" Then she let my arm go. I followed her closely until someone bump into me. When I looked at her she was already meters away. I tried calling her but I guess she didn't hear me. I tried catching her up but she was too fast that I immediately lost her in my sight. I rush to where I last saw her but no sign of her. I started to panicked when there was only me and a couple of kids from the slum left.

Then the bell rings the second time.

-----

It sucks right? But come on. . . Let's be friends. . . Christmas is near. 🌲🌲🎄🎄🎄🎶🎶⛤⛤⛤