our little boy - muke

requested by @StaceyStonier

luke knew something wasn't right. for the past week, he'd done nothing but throw up, sleep, and eat. he had convinced himself it was the flu, but his boyfriend, michael, thought otherwise.

"michael, can you just relax?" luke whined softly as his boyfriend laid a blanket over his body, "it's probably just the flu or something. i'll get over it."

"you said that a week ago, luke. it's obviously not the fucking flu," michael said, gently lifting the blonde's legs and putting them in his lap as he sat down next to luke, "you don't have a fever and you don't have any other symptoms. you need to see a doctor before it gets any worse. this on top of tour is really getting to you, and i hate seeing you like this."

luke groaned in annoyance, though he knew michael was right. he wasn't getting better, and he should have been fine by now. he tried to ignore it, but he couldn't keep passing it off as something insignificant when it clearly wasn't.

"god, i️ hate going to the doctor," luke pouted, squirming around to make himself more comfortable.

"i️ know, hun, but your health is important. maybe i'm crazy and it really is nothing, but all of us would feel a lot better if you just went to make sure. i'll stay with you if you want me to."

"fine, i'll go," luke mumbled in defeat, "only because i️ love you."

"good, because i️ already made an appointment. it's in an hour," michael said, a sweet smile spreading across his pink lips.

"you dick."

"i️ love you too," michael said, patting luke's ankles sweetly.

- - -

on the way to the appointment, luke didn't say much. he was still slightly annoyed with michael for making him go to the doctor, and honestly it was just the last thing he felt like doing. he was so tired, all he wanted to do was go back to sleep. michael tried talking to luke while he drove, but the blonde was dozing off and clearly had no interest in keeping a conversation with him, so michael laced his fingers with luke's and continued driving. the younger boy couldn't help but smile a bit at his boyfriend's action. luke loved when he did things like that. soon, he fell asleep listening to michael humming along to the tunes on the radio.

around twenty minutes later, michael gently woke luke up from his little nap by pressing his soft lips against the blonde's cheek. luke's eyes slowly opened up, groaning once again as he noticed they were in the clinic's parking lot.

"ready, love?"

"no, but i️ just want to get it over with so i️ can go back to sleep."

the couple walked hand in hand inside of the clinic. with every step, luke expressed his displeasure. michael tried to respond with sympathy and words of encouragement, like: "i️ know, babe," or "you'll be fine," though it didn't seem to mean much to luke.

luke signed himself in at the reception desk of the clinic, then waited with michael to be called back for his appointment. within ten minutes, all of which were spent by luke nervously bouncing his leg and muttering curse words as he held onto michael's hand, a fairly short nurse with curly hair and a warm smile called him back.