i lied - mashton

requested by @xBandTrashLolx

michael was six months pregnant with his and ashton's first child and he was absolutely loving it. he adored his bump, and his heart swelled every time he felt the little flutters and kicks of their baby. even the parts that are usually dreaded the most, like the weight gain, mood swings, body aches, weird cravings, exhaustion, etc., were accepted happily by michael. he was quite carefree and wasn't afraid to use his pregnancy as an excuse to get out of doing things.

it's true, ashton spoiled him. michael has perfected the art of guilting his husband into allowing him to be extra lazy through the past few months because i'm growing our child, ashton! was a line that michael wasn't scared to overuse. in reality, he became quite the handful, though ashton would never say it out loud. he tended to his husband's every need tirelessly, even after working all day and night at the hospital. he knew michael appreciated his efforts, though, so the older man chose to keep his observations to himself.

- - -

it was around 11:30 pm when ashton got home from work. he was dead tired and had been dreaming of being able to go home to his lovely michael for the past four hours. he quietly entered their home, knowing that michael was probably sleeping and the last thing he wanted to do was disturb him. he could hear the tv in the living room as a rerun of friends played softly. ashton walked in to one of the most beautiful sights he was sure he had ever seen. michael was sound asleep on the couch, his chest rising and falling peacefully with one hand on the top of his belly and the other under his head. his tee shirt didn't quite reach the bottom of his bump, leaving a generous amount of skin exposed. ashton smiled, making a mental note to take him shopping for more clothes to wear before kneeling down on the floor next to his sleepy lover. he began to rub michael's belly while his other hand gently combed through the younger boy's blonde hair.

"hey, sweets, are you awake?"

michael left out a small groan, though within it was a twinge of happiness as he realized ashton was finally home.

"i tried waiting up for you," michael said before pausing to yawn, "guess it didn't work out so well." he laughed, a small smile taking its place on his cherry red lips.

"aw, you don't have to do that for me, babe." i know how tired you've been lately, you need to get as much sleep at night as possible," ashton said in the most doctor-y voice ever.

michael simply giggled, not being able to help it when his eyes began to close again involuntarily.

"come on, sleepyhead, let's go to bed."

- - -

"ash, can i please just stay here by myself? the baby isn't even due for another three weeks," michael pouted. he didn't understand why his husband was making him stay with calum while he was at work. he was more than capable of taking care of himself, he thought ashton knew this.

"i know, honey, but i'm working a long shift today at the hospital and it would make me feel so much better knowing you aren't here all by yourself. please, can you do this for me? you and cal always have so much fun together," ashton said softly, pressing a kiss to michael's cheek.

the younger boy sighed. "i guess i'll go, but i hope you know how annoyed i am! also, you're gonna have to put my shoes on because i can't reach!"

"don't be mad at me, i'll make it up to you later on." ashton couldn't help but giggle at his boyfriend's attitude as he slipped michael's shoes on his feet. he felt bad for making him stay with calum while he worked, but he just wasn't comfortable with michael being alone so close to his due date. he wanted there to be someone with him in the event of him going into labor, or worse, getting hurt, so no amount of whining or pouting was going to change his mind.