Fears and Doubts

Last Night..

Mikasa sat at the armchair next to the fireplace, her arms folded as she considered everything that had happened... as she did, she heard a pair of shuffling feet..

Raising her head tiredly, she saw Mikoto standing, framed in the doorway, hugging her own shoulders.

"You should be in bed.." Mikasa said.

"Had.. a bad dream.." Mikoto muttered, pink patches appearing on her face, as if she was embarrassed to admit that nightmares rattled her..

As far as Mikasa was concerned however, Mikoto had nothing to be ashamed of, she was still a kid, regardless of her maturity  and toughness.. 

And kids got scared.

Mikasa gestured over to Mikoto to come over, and she did, shuffling over awkwardly, rubbing her arm. 

Mikasa put an arm around Mikoto's shoulder, and Mikoto snuggled into the armchair, squeezing in with Mikasa.

"Want to talk about it?" Mikasa asked quietly. 

"I-it's stupid.." Mikoto muttered. 

"Try me.." said Mikasa.

"T-Titans.. I.. I saw them in my dreams.. the way they eat people.. th-the way they.. they." Mikoto shook her head. "I shouldn't be afraid of them.. I'm stronger than them.. I'm a member of the Survey Corps now.. and yet.."

"We're all afraid of titans.." said Mikasa. "That is nothing to be ashamed of.."

Mikoto rested her head on Mikasa's chest, trembling a little. "I'm scared Mikasa. I don't know why I came to this world.. I don't know if the reason for it is going to get me.. or Touma.. killed.. Please don't tell anybody else.. but.. I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life."

Mikasa hugged Mikoto tightly. "Like I said, there's no shame in fear.. however.. if you do feel fear.. just remember I'll be there to watch your back. Understand?"

"You know.. the way you're hugging me.. reminds me of my Mama.." Mikoto murmured sleepily, as her eye-lids grew heavy. 

Mikasa's eyes widened a little, and a growing warmth glowed in her heart. She then smiled and kissed Mikoto on the forehead, as Mikoto fell asleep.

Mikasa at that moment started to notice just how precious this person was to her.. 

(I just remembered Mikasa was pretty much a single mother raising two punk boys named Armin and Eren)

_____________________________

"POOOOOOWWWW!" The Gale Titan's punch seemed to shatter the air itself, as the Female Titan staggered back, her eyes widening slightly, as if shocked.

The Female Titan staggered back a bit, the side of her face bleeding, as she probably wasn't even expecting the blow, so hadn't armored up.

"Th-they're.. attacking each other?" Mikoto said, feeling confused. "Has.. that ever happened!?"

"FOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!" The Gale Titan ran after Annie, a powerful wind blast exploding from it's body, as electricity crackled down it's arms, hurling out a powerful fast barrage of punches, way too fast for any ordinary titan.

The Female Titan staggered back again, forced to block with her arms, quickly overwhelmed by the Gale Titan's superior speed .

"Man.." Armin exclaimed. "This.. this is unreal! Hey Reiner! Come on! We need to get out of here! Reiner!?"