{Chapter 1} Tumbling Down (The Butler [Ben] x reader)

I collapse onto something and groan. Did I hit the silhouette? I open my eyes to see Ben under me, our legs tangled.
"Oh my god, Ben I'm sorry!" I say in a panic. I scramble to get up, but a gloved hand grabs my arm.
"It's ok Miss, may I ask why you were running?" Ben says. I feel a light shade of pink cover my face when I realized Ben was keeping me down.
"L-long story." I nervously chuckle. His face shows a worried affect.
"It's nothing about the.." Ben's words trail off. I raise my eyebrow in confusion, but then realized what he meant.
"No, I wasn't getting chased by a murder." I laugh. I hope. Ben let's go of my arm and I get up.
"By the way, please call me (Y/N). I don't like 'Miss', it's too formal." I say as I put my hand out to help him up. Ben takes my hand and nods. I pull him up.
"You're strong." Ben compliments. I smirk.
"A girl picks up a thing or two in a world like this." I say flexing. He laughs.
"I guess they do." Ben replies. "I've got something to show you, it might help the investigation." Ben walks behind me before stopping and waiting for me.
"Ok, Lead the way." I reply. He starts to walk in the direction of this said piece of evidence, and I walk alongside him.
"Now, there's really no mystery at all." Ben explains looking at me. "There's not a detail in this house or guest who've stayed that I haven't examined." We approach a staircase and Ben swiftly turns and startles me.
"Now I warn you: what you're about to see is not for the faint of heart." He says walking to the small gate at the top of the stairs. I look down the stairs to see the walls turn to stone, we're going into the wine cellar. I snicker.
"What's so scary about a wine cellar?" I ask as I look into Bens eyes, which had a little sparkle in them. He looked back at me and I realized that he couldn't stop looking at me. I saw a smile form on his face.
"Are we going to go down, or..?" I question glancing down into the cellar before looking back at Ben. His trance is broken and he slightly shakes his head.
"Oh, yes." Ben opens the gate and holds out his hand with a sweet smile. I can't help but get a fuzzy feeling while I look into those blueish grey eyes of his. I take his hand and start descending down the cellar stairs. Ben follows behind me, still holding my hand. Once we get to the bottom, I look around the shelf of very expensive wine bottles. I let go of Ben's hand and look on in confusion. I feel Ben's hand go on my waist as he leans closer to me.
"Look closely." He whispers. A shiver went down my spine as he removed his hand from my waist and moved away. I walk farther into the cellar and notice that a wine bottle is missing. I take a step closer and I notice something red and shiny at my feet. I look down to see a broken, red wine bottle. I raise an eyebrow as I look at the empty space where the bottle once was and where the bottle is now. The bottle was too far away from the shelf to just fall off. I walk around the suspicious glass and walk up to the other wine glasses on the shelf. I grab one bottle and try to pull it out, but I realized that they were locked in place. They were secured by some sort of support, holding the neck of the bottle in place. I look over to where the broken bottle once was to see the support was broken, by what seemed like force from the side where the rest of the bottle was. Something threw this out of its place.
"Avert your eyes!" Ben screamed. I jumped and turned to see him running toward the broken glass. I watch as Ben bends to clean up the glass and I notice a black mass near the stairs. The mass had a man like facade, and seemed to be looking at me.
"I'm so sorry you had to see this! Master would be so displeased." Ben sobs. "If only he were still alive!" Ben continues to weep as he sweeps up the broken glass. I walk along the wall while watching Ben sobs, and once I get to the stairs I get startled by the black mass. I notice that it was around Mark's height, and it started walking up the stairs. Is that.. Mark? The shadow turns and notices I'm still in the same place, and in waved it's arm signaling me to follow it. I slowly start to walk up the stairs and it continues walking, well, more like gliding up the stairs. It guides me through the kitchen, (surprisingly, the chef wasn't there) and out the porch door. I follow it passed a little water fountain and into the sunlight. The mass turns transparent and continues walking. I stop as it walks into a wide space in the patio and it forms something in its hands, like a cane. It continues walking forward and it shakes its head, then proceeds to hold the cane with both hands and walks through someone I didn't see. The mass disappears and a man in a suit appear-
"Damien?"