{Chapter 1} On My Own (The Mayor [Damien] x Reader)

Damien was walking in strides like he was stressed. When he heard my voice, he turned to face me. Damien then sighed and walked up to me. His chocolate brown eyes look longingly into my (E/C) eyes.
"I'm sorry you saw that argument with the Colonel." He starts. I notice tiny red streaks down his face. Has he been crying? "I lost my temper, and it wasn't right.. and" Damien continues. I nod. "he must be in shock." Damien sighs. "You know the Colonel's an eccentric." He says looking down on me a bit. I nod.
"It's his best and worst quality," I say. "but he's our friend." I look down a tad bit. "So was Mark." Damien runs his hand over his face.
"I know I'm supposed to be a leader in this scenario, but I can't help but feel lost. Alone. On my own." His voice started to break as tears form in his eyes. I feel a worried/sorrowful expression form on my face as I pull him into an embrace. Damien was shocked by the sudden act, but quickly hugged back. His face nuzzled the crook of my neck as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist. I rest my arms on his shoulders as I close my eyes and melt into his touch. The sound of quiet sobbing interrupted my moment. I feel a warm sensation on my shoulder, and I notice that Damien was crying. It almost made me cry to hear him sob. I gently stroke his hair to comfort him as I hug him tightly. The metal from his cane pressed up against my back as he adjusted his position. I nuzzle my nose into his neck as I feel a single tear fall from my eye. I push away slightly, and he raises his head. Damien takes a hand and wipes a tear. To see Damien crying breaks me. I put my hand on his cheek and wipe a tear off his face. His chocolate eyes (that are now slightly red) look down on me. I get on my tippy toes and press my lips on his forehead. I pull away, and stand normally while smiling. Damien's eyes widen as his other hand falls from my waist. He missed the opportunity.
"Hope you feel better." I say. Damien, still shell shocked, stutters.
"Y-Yea, Thanks." He mutters with a smile forming in his face. I sigh.
"Well, I'm gonna go check if Abe got anything." I say resting my hand on my hip. Damien nods.
"Yea, good idea. See you in a bit." He says. I nod before turning and walk in the direction of the door to the mansion.
"By the way, I don't think that counts!" I say at Damien without turning or stopping. Before I reach the door, I hear Damien mumble a 'Shit!', and I chuckle.

(A/N: Yes! That was a short chapter, but it was good! Put your guess on who this black mass and the silhouette is in the comments. I'm also always taking requests!)