CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOW MEMORIES

now memories; memories that are happening right now that aren't yours

The next day, Joyce called Hopper. He went over to the Byers' house to talk to Will about what he saw in his episode from the day before. They didn't take him to the Lab because they knew they weren't ready going to help. Will tried to describe, what he called, his now memories. He was so scared the tears started falling from his face as he spoke about the large shadow figure. He didn't know how to describe it. Joyce suggested that he should draw what he was seeing. While he was sketching these now memories, Joyce told Hopper about Mel. Hopper paced around the living room. "And you're sure she had abilities like Eleven?" Hopper asked her, trying to get his head round that there could be more kids out there like Eleven.

"I don't know." She stuttered, crossing her arms. "It looked like it."

He nervously scratched his head. "Where is she now?" He asked.

The party of (currently) five went to the AV room again to talk about Will and all things Upside Down. Mike and Mel sat on the table and Dustin and Lucas pulled up two chairs to face them. "Will didn't want me to tell anyone but on Halloween night he saw some sort of shadow in the sky." Mike broke his promise to Will and told the others. Mel had a flashback from yesterday when she saw the shadow figure.

"What kind of shadow?" Lucas asked.

"Big. A big shadow." Mel told him.

"What did you see yesterday, Mel?" Mike asked. Mel hadn't told anyone about what Will went through to anyone. When she thought about it, it was like she was reliving it. It was the most scared she had ever felt. Dustin tried to get her to talk when they went home but she didn't want to. And he didn't push her. "Is the big shadow what Will saw?" She closed her eyes and nodded. She tried to prevent tears from forming.

"Did it hurt him?" Lucas asked her. She replied with a nod again.

"Did anything else happen?" Dustin asked, knowing there was more to the story.

She nodded before mumbling, "Yes." They all looked concerned regarding her sad tone. "I think it got him." She told them, wiping a tear from her cheek. Mel felt so guilty that she couldn't help Will. All she could do was watch. The boys gave each other worried looks, believing what Mel said.

"Melanie and I will go to Will's after school. See what's going on." Mike planned. "You guys stay here and find Dart." Mel gave Dustin a look that read 'when are you going to tell them that Dart is in your room?' but to him, he thought it was a 'I don't want to go with Mike' look.

"I'll go with you guys..." Dustin awkwardly said.

"And leave me alone to find your mess?" Lucas asked annoyed. "Some friend, you are." He crossed his arms. Dustin felt guilty about not telling them he was hiding D'Artagnan but he thought they would kill Dart if they knew he was involved.

"But Mel-" Dustin began.

"Melanie's fine with me." Mike assured Dustin. Mike knew that they were pretty close. "Stay and find Dart." He told him. Dustin already felt protective over Mel. He wanted to be with her at all times.

"What's Dart got to do with this?"

"Will heard him in the Upside Down. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing." Mike told them. "Maybe we can help Will and find out what this...thing is."

"Shadow monster." Mel whispered.

Mike and Mel were greeted by Will's mom at his house. "Will isn't feeling very well, Mike." Joyce told them on her front porch. "I'll tell him you stopped by." She guided them to the stairs to leave. She didn't think that Will told Mike about what he was seeing in his episodes.

"It's about the shadow monster, isn't it." Mike said sounding more like a statement rather than a question. "That's why I brought Mel." Joyce looked around before inviting them inside.

The two of them waited until Joyce closed the door behind her. "Mel, is it?" She spoke to Mel, asking her name. She replied with a nod. Instead of Joyce asking who she was or where she came from, she chose to ask her something relevant. "Can you help my son?"

"I'll try."

A/N:
Chapter 11. That's all I wanted to say.