Chapter nine

I think I should find Williams.  I've been looking for him for the past two hours.  I know it's none of my business but I couldn't help but care.  I froze completely at the sight I  beheld . It was Karen and Williams sitting together .Due to my inquisitive nature,  I had to eavesdrop.
  ''So the best thing you could was to date my best friend '' I heard Williams say.
   '' Yes, because I really don't know why you dated both of us at the same time.  You could have just told me that you didn't want me and wanted to elope with my best friend "Williams yelled.
  '' You shouldn't judge me,  okay! Ever since the incident,  You never asked for my own side of the story." Karen said obviously livid
  '' What do you expect.  I caught you both red handed " Williams yelled back
'' You know what!  Maybe I just didn't trust you enough.  You are rude and always jumping into conclusion.  You never once listened to me when I had issues to talk about. Oh!  I don't think you recognize the fact that I also want to pour out my heart to someone too.  Of course, I should have known.  You care about only yourself. " Karen said now uncontrollably in tears.  She stormed away in the midst of tears

I saw Williams go awkwardly quiet. It seems that Karen's words sank really deep.  I was about dodging  but it was too late.  Williams eyes rested on me. 
    "What do you want Cass? " I was just astonished at the way he called my name.  I could give myself a mental slap.  How could I blushing at a time like this?
  "I'm sorry, I just happened to hear your discussion with Karen. " I explained 
He sat down and smiled sadly.
  " Do you think I was at fault? "
" I don't think you are at fault but you should  have listened to her side of the story. Everything may not be actually how it seems" I replied trying to be constructive.
        He sighs and finally said " I guess I have been truly been hard on her not considering the fact that she has her own burden.
     "It's okay " I said patting him at the back.  " it's too late to regret but there is still time to mend things. " I said reassuringly.
     " Thanks for being there" he tried putting on a smile but failed miserably
   " You are welcome.  I'm glad to be your listening wall"
   "What's a listening wall"  he asked with his eyes wide open that spelt clearly curiosity.

I giggled at his question.  I didn't really expect that. " It means someone who is always there to listen to you to ease your burden.  It's my presentation anyways ".
   " Really? Thanks.  I guess I should iron things out with Roseline" he said with a less moody expression. 
   "Good " Impressed with how I helped him get out of his moody expression.    

Another update finally.  I'm sorry it came  this late. Thanks to those who kept on asking for an update.  I dedicate this update to lolade. Enjoy.