Blue Team

Skyler's POV

That night I found myself unable to sleep. I kept rolling around my bed, trying to find some way to get comfortable. After about six attempts I sat up and climbed down from the top bunk. I shared a bunk bed with Will, my half-brother, who was practically like a real one to me. I looked at Will on the bottom bunk to make sure he was really asleep. Once I was sure he was asleep I sneaked out of the Apollo cabin and carefully made my way to cabin 11, the Hermes cabin.

I needed to talk to Luke.

It was somewhere around five in the morning, most of the Hermes cabin was fast asleep a few seemed to be playing some sort of game in the center of the floor. The group consisted of the Stoll brothers, a youngish looking girl, and a girl who looked around my age.

None of them seemed to even notice me when I walked in so I slid back into the room that was meant to be a storage room but Luke had decided to make into his own personal space. Luke was still awake, setting up multiple TVs and gaming consoles that were definitely not allowed in camp.

"Are you even allowed to have all these?" I asked, smirking when he almost dropped the TV he was trying to mount on the wall by himself.

"Skye, you scared me." He put the TV down on the desk and turned to face me. He gave me a small smile that would look like a smirk to anyone else who didn't know him. "Well, how can I help you sunshine?" He asked leaning against the desk behind him. I sat on the couch against the wall.

"I couldn't sleep," I said flatly.

"And how exactly is that my problem?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he sat next to me on the couch. Luke slung his arm over my shoulders and I could feel my cheeks heating up. I tried to push my feelings down as I leaned against him

"I really don't know," I mumbled, fiddling with one of the charms on my bracelet. I let out a soft sigh before feeling Luke's arm tighten around my shoulders. The warmth from his body made me sleepy, my eyes threatening to close at any given second. I felt Luke lay his head on mine, his breathing was slowing, as was my own and soon we were both out.

...

I woke up with my head on Luke's lap and a blanket over me, I looked up to see Luke already awake. Apparently, at some point, he had set up the rest of his consoles and TVs cause he was playing some sort of shooting game "What time is it?" I asked softly, sitting up and stretching my arms above my head.

"It's about eight in the morning," he said, his focus on the game.

I quickly jumped up, my mind in a panic "Why didn't you weak me up?! You know I have infirmary duty." I asked, throwing my blonde hair up into a messy bun. Luke just shrugged and kept playing his video game. I kicked him lightly in the shin and ran from the Hermes cabin.

I ran as fast as I could to the infirmary getting there slightly out of breath. Will was already there, arms crossed and his blue eyes in a glare. A soft glare..but still 100% a glare.

"Where were you this morning?" He asked, one eyebrow raised.

"You know full well where I was. I go to the same place every time I can't sleep" I said, rolling my eyes. I then took in my surroundings, noticing a certain raven-haired boy was missing from the bed I was 99.9% certain I had left him in the day before. "Where's the boy?" I asked.

"He and Chiron left about an hour ago. You know, giving him the grand tour. So I guess since he's gone you have the day off unless you want to help out-" Will said. As soon as the words 'day off' left his mouth a huge smile spread across my lips.