Undercover

(Again, more movie plot)

  "A plan where you can be my queen in the new world. A world without gods."   

All I could hear were those words Luke had just said, I could see his lips moving, he was still talking but I couldn't focus on that. "Skye? Skye are you listening?!" He put his hands on my shoulders shaking me a bit.

"Yea-- no.." I said looking up into his blue eyes. "What were you saying?"

He sighed "You're hopeless." he said smiling down at me before leaning down and kissing my forehead. I felt my cheeks get hot 'No, no, no don't blush...' I was trying my hardest to stop myself from blushing.

He then repeated what he had been saying before "Look Skye...We can be the new age of gods, we can overthrow them how they did to the Titans. I'm not the only one who wants a new world from this godforsaken camp. Together...we can change the world." Luke had a glint of ambition in his eyes.

'He's insane...'

"Skyler, please. Come with me, we can be more powerful together"

"Luke, I don't know..."

Luke looked up at the clock and then turned away from me, he picked the lightning bolt back up and put it into the back of his shield as it shrunk to fit. I watched him as he covered the bolt with the backing of the arm piece. "How about I let you think about it..but I need you to go on that quest with them. I need you to watch them..tell me what they do." He turned towards me handing me a controller to one of the console gaming systems "Just think about it while I beat your ass." He said with a smirk.

"Oh, you're on." I said with a smile as we both sat down in the two black bean bag chairs.

...

Luke was still playing the shooting game when I had left to pack a bag since he wanted me to go with them on their journey to rescue Percy's mom. When I came back to the Hermes cabin I fell asleep on the couch for what felt like five minutes before I quickly woke up, hearing someone open the door behind us.

"Luke?" It was Annabeth's voice

"Hm?" Luke turned to look over his shoulder, seeing Percy, Annabeth, and Grover with bags over their shoulders "Oh hey guys, Percy." Luke paused the game and stood up. "Welcome to the modern world." He said with his arms stretched open.

Percy, Grover, and Annabeth all looked around before Grover said: "Cool..new stuff.."

Luke leaned against the small desk, crossing his arms over his chest and smirking while looking at the three of them "So, what are you guys up to?"

"We're going to get my mom back," Percy said.

"Oh," Luke murmured.

I sat up, rubbing a hand across the side of my cheek. "I want to come," I said, my blue eyes meeting Percy's sea green ones.

Percy's POV

When I heard Skyler say she wanted to come with me I could feel myself smiling 'Maybe I'll be able to get to know her more...I mean whenever I ask her anything about her time here or anything personal either Luke shows up or she changes the subject.' I nodded at her with a small smile.

"Luke your dad is the only one who has gotten in and out of the underworld. Do you know how he does it?" Annabeth asked Luke.

"My dad's a jerk, I've never met him" Luke replied flatly. "Guess we've all got daddy issues huh?" he said with a small smirk towards Annabeth. "But, he did give me a cool gift before my quest..might help you out as much as they helped me," Luke said as he turned and reached under the desk he had been leaning against. He came back up with a pair of black converse high tops. "For you," he said handing them to me.

"Thanks, man..." I said slowly, taking the shoes from him.

"Maia!" Luke said. White wings sprouted from the heels, startling me so much that I dropped them. The shoes flapped around on the floor until the wings folded up and disappeared.

He handed me a slip of paper so I handed the shoes to Annabeth. "You see. People have gone to the underworld before without having to be dead. Hercules did it, Orpheus did it, my dad does it all the time. Getting in is the easy part. Getting out. Now that's tricky. That." He pointed to the paper in my hand as I unfolded it "That's a map to Persephone's pearls."

(Sorry this is just one of my favorite lines. I just love how Jake says it.)

"Persephone...you mean Hades' wife?" I asked looking at Luke.

"Yea he forced her to marry him. Keeps her prisoner if you want to put it nicely." I heard Skyler finally talk. She had been silent almost the whole time, fiddling with her charm bracelet.

Luke looked at her and nodded "Needless to say she hates it there. It's hot, he's a weirdo. so she had..um.." Luke was trying to find a somewhat PG answer before he could Skyler said: 

"Secret visitors more or less..she kept pearls hidden for them for a quick escape from the underworld for if Hades ever caught them."

"So..how do the pearls work?" Grover asked.

"Easy, take the pearl, step on it to crush it. Visualize where you want to be taken. Right now there are four in the US. Right here..is your first location." Luke said as he pointed to a spot somewhere in New Jersey.

"Auntie Em's Garden Emporium," Grover said looking at the map.

"Once you find the first pearls the map will show you the next one, then the next one then you're off to Hades. " Luke said

Skyler's POV

I had been quiet through most of the talking because I was still thinking about what Luke had said.  "A plan where you can be my queen in the new world. A world without gods."      his words still rang through my head like a bell

'...did he really mean that..or was it just a play to get me to fight with him..usually I can tell with him but...I cant this time..'

"Which um..reminds me. You guys might need some extra protection. So uh.." Luke said, walking over towards his shield I had earlier watched him hide the lightning bolt in. He picked the shield up and held it out to Percy "My favorite shield." He said proudly. "Might wanna take a step back."

Both Annabeth and Grover took a step back as Percy as he pulled on the hand strap. Luke's shield spiraled out into its full form. Annabeth and Grover gasped alongside Percy, even though I knew they had seen this shield hundreds of times.

"Wow..thanks Luke," Percy said.

"Ah don't mention it. But you're gonna have to promise me one thing." Luke said. Percy nodded then glanced at me then at Annabeth and Grover then looked back at Luke.

"You see my dad on the highway to hell...kick his ass for me."

(I kept this chapter pretty much the same from my original version.)